Author Topic: New Members  (Read 67485 times)

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #255 on: May 20, 2015, 06:56:54 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad you're here.

Offline FarmerJimP

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:44 am »
Good morning. I am Farmer Jim P or as my handle states Farmerjimp. I am a very young 74 year old kid. I have done woodworking all my life and have been in the construction industry for most of my working career since college which was a long time ago. One of my sons and his family have come to live with me and my wife and help out on the farm. Since the beginning of this year my son and I have decided to start a woodworking business to bring in some income to help out financially. In this process I have found the scroll saw and Steve's fantastic site and today I found this forum thing and said to myself, "Self, give that forum thing a shot".  So here I am shooting off my mouth. I just wanted to stop in and say howdy y'all. I have looked at many scroll saw sites but am most impressed with this one and especially Steve. His character seems to come out in everything he says and does and I like that. Mr. Good you are a good man. I have made a number of items, baskets and boxes mostly, from the free patterns and even I am impressed with the finished product. One of my daughters took a bunch of items to work with her to show off and immediately sold a bunch. Before I leave for today I just wanted to say thank you Steve for sharing your knowledge, talent and time with us and I am sure there are others who feel the same as I do but have just not gotten around to stating it here or displaying it by their actions of pressing the donate button. Good day to all you fine scrollers and may God bless each of you in a special way today.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #257 on: April 18, 2016, 11:04:49 am »
Welcome.  My scroll saw helps bring in a coin or too and is fun besides.  Where are you from?
I'm from North Dakota

Offline FarmerJimP

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2016, 02:53:01 pm »
Judy, I have a small farm in central North Carolina. When I retired and was looking for a place to settle down I was riding down the road and saw an exit sign that said High Point Climax exit and I knew I had found my Paradise. So I found a lovely place in Climax.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2016, 07:18:27 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »
G'Day FarmerJimP, and welcome to the forum!!!

We look forward to seeing some of your projects.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline FarmerJimP

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2016, 01:38:23 pm »
Thanks to all for the warm greetings. I have been getting my garden started and processing eggs this morning. Now I hope to get out in my workshop and make a little sawdust. Take care and enjoy this beautiful day.

Offline Out Back Shack Sandy

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2016, 03:50:43 pm »
Greetings Everyone!
  I am a newbie here and to scroll sawing! I think I have watched every video Steve has on YouTube in preparation to begin this adventure. As a quilter a lot of what I'm seeing looks very familiar! Right now we are outfitting our woodworking shop we built so I don't even have my saw yet! I am happy to find this forum and the availability to ask questions from experienced scrollers! Pleasure to meet y'all!
The Out-Back Shack

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2016, 06:05:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum Out Back Shack Sandy!!

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline fixitcr63

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2016, 11:00:03 am »
Hi gang,  OK, time to call the home and wake up all the old gals and fellers so they can crank up those DeWalt 788's and get to cuttin'.   I'm sort of new to this site, I remember registering at least a year ago, but don't remember any postings since the initial registration.  So, I guess this would be it.  I'm a lifelong woodworker: taught woodworking, leather carving and electrical science for the local 4-H club for over 20 years and my wife and I coached the local 4-H softball team.  Interest eventually drizzled down to nothing when we lost our meeting place along with the ground the ball-field was on.  The kids got older and not enough young kids came in to keep it going so we just let it close up. 
As for the scrollsawing, I went through three other units, each one a little better than the one before till I picked up this latest unit at an estate sale last year.  It's great, but I did notice the problem of the small button knob on the blade tightening end.   I got tired of that real quick and made something similar to your last entry, only I made mine just about twice the size of the actual knob on the machine, then cut out the hole for the knob.  It certainly cuts down on the amount of effort that it takes to loosen the upper blade end and retighten it.   I'm going to try one of the ones you made too, with the dowel handle to see which way I like better.    Till then, happy cutting boys and gals.    Corky

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:07 am »
Welcome to the forum, Corky.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.

Offline angeleyes3853

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2016, 12:41:49 am »
We have had 49 new members join the forum so far this month. I see that several of you have posted already and are off to a good start. If this is your first experience using an online forum don't hesitate to ask for help. No question is silly, well maybe a few are silly but who cares we are all friends here.

Jump in and try things out. You won't break anything unless you hit the "Any" key which will wipe out the database and collapse the internet. Don't worry though because I have the internet backed up on my local hard drive.

There are not many rules here except to watch out for GrayBeard. He's a little scary but the doctors allow him out two days a week now.

Russ is my hugely under paid moderator here. He keeps watch over things and relentlessly bans the spammers(bad guys) to keep them from spoiling the family fun. He accepts tips preferably in small denomination unmarked bills.

There are craftsmen and women here from all levels of the craft. When you see the beautiful cuttings by Mrsn, Cherie, Merlin and others or the incredible intarsia by Intarsia92 don't be intimidated. They started just like you. Except for Intarsia92 who came out of the womb making beautiful intarsia. We also have some great pattern designers here like grandpa who helps more scrollers than Tylenol. Sheila Landry who is one of the top five pattern designers in the world today and yes I'm jealous. We even have a few readers that don't even have a scroll saw yet. They just enjoy learning while they wait to buy a saw. A couple of them are here looking to pick up women but I happen to know they are broke so don't waste your time ladies.

Glad to have all of you with us here and I hope you enjoy the forum and make a few new friends while you are at it. If you have friends that you think would enjoy the hobby send them our way and we will do our best to get them addicted to saw dust just like us.
I am new not sure how this works if someone could help

Offline KnowWhatMomKnows

• I Hope You Have The Best Week EVER!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2016, 05:16:28 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome, this is Shelly (MOM) From over at the YouTube Channel: KNOW WHAT MOM KNOWS

I will do a more formal introduction to the forum a bit later so everybody can get to know me. Thanks for doing this Forum :-) I am very GLAD To Be Here!!!
Do You Know What Mom Knows? If Not, Then I Invite You To Go Check Out My YouTube Channel. I Encourage Everyone to Distract Your Own Day By Doing Something Good For Somebody Else by Using the Talents That God Has Given You And The Things That You Can Create!! I Hope You Have The Best Week EVER!!!

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2016, 09:52:50 am »
Well Hello All, My name is Duane And I am new to scroll sawing. i have made a few things and I love it ,my family dose to I have things each of my kids want to make them. I live in Newport News, Virginia. I am the  lead chef at a local comedy club. I look forward to talking to and meeting all of you.

Welcome Duane,

We'll trade you scrolling tips and advice for some good jokes and recipes.  Sound like a deal?   ;D
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

Offline dweigle

• View Profile
New Members
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2016, 09:09:10 pm »
Being new to scrolling, I also did an internet search.  This site has been my go-to site for most everything.  I have learned so much from Steve's videos!  His patterns are terrific.  I have been making trivets, baskets, and bowls like mad.  This is so relaxing for me that my wife knows if she can't find me in the house, I'll be at my saw.
Thanks, Steve, for your generosity in sharing your knowledge and experience.  You are a wonderful ambassador for scrollers everywhere.

SMF

Teknoromi