Author Topic: New Members  (Read 67487 times)

Offline gparadis

• View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2019, 09:50:16 am »
Je sui un nouveau membre Français du québec. Dernièrement, je me suis acheté une scie "Excelsior" qui ressemble aux scies Excalibur. J'ai aussi une Dewalt DW788 que j'ai depuis 2011, mais elle fait trop de bruit et je n'ai pas le temps de la réparer.

De 2011 à 2012 j'ai fait pas mal de casse-têtes de 200 à 400 pièces. J'ai expérimenter beaucoup au cours de ces années de casse-têtes.

Maintenant avec ma nouvelle scie Excelsior 16" je voudrais continuer les casse-têtes, mais aussi quelques boites et peut-être quelques gros projets...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a new French member from Quebec. Recently, I bought myself a saw "Excelsior" which looks like Excalibur saws. I also have a Dewalt DW788 I have since 2011, but it makes too much noise and I do not have time to fix it.

From 2011 to 2012 I did a lot of puzzles from 200 to 400 pieces. I have a lot of experience from these years of puzzles.

Now with my new saw Excelsior 16" I would like to continue the puzzles, but also some boxes and maybe some big projects ...

Actually I'm doing the "Amazing Marble Machine" with my small bandsaw and the Excelsior...

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2019, 08:15:28 am »
Welcome to the forum all newbies and the more seasoned scrollers as well. Scrolling is so relaxing, and chances of cutting a finger off is nil but have your knuckles rapped by the tighttner knob is a real possibility

Offline draetzie

• Pégas Dekupiersäge 21 Inch Liebhaber
    • View Profile
    • Drätzie´s Bastelbude
« Reply #287 on: February 21, 2019, 07:00:59 am »
Hallo man nennt mich draetzie, und ich lebe in Österreich. Ich habe vor 1 Jahr mit den dekupieren angefangen, und habe ein riesen Gefallen daran gefunden. ich bin immer noch Anfänger und lerne täglich noch was dazu. Gruß draetzie

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2019, 11:23:19 am »
Welcome to Steve's blog from another member of the community.  There are many talented and helpful craftsmen and ladies here.  I believe you will enjoy the site.  Regards >> GLC from Cypress, Texas

Offline Ajh007

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2019, 10:14:05 pm »
Hello Steve,

I've followed your youtube channel and website for a long time and have purchased a number of items from you but until now I didn't know how to register and become part of the community. Thank you for all you do for all of us interested in scrolling. I'm not sure how to introduce myself to the group and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jim

Offline fishrman

• View Profile
Another new one!
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2019, 09:55:08 am »
Don't take as much time as I should to work in my little shop but enjoy using both my bandsaw and scrollsaw to create. I found this site and forum along with all the patterns to use and wanted to sign up for the forum. I am having issues with the patterns use in windows 10 and Google Chrome--trying to get that all worked out. In the meantime, I would love to find a good 3d moose pattern! Not the big ones but a little one similar to the many small 3d deer out there.

Offline TataySteve

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2020, 11:39:40 am »
Hello from northern Arizona,  I've been scroll sawing for about a year. Been successful in selling a few items at a craft show,  I love this hobby. Question on the butterfly automata, what's the dimensions for the box?

Offline KarlB

• Naples, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2020, 06:49:43 pm »
Hey TataySteve,

After printing out the pattern I measure the height at 3 1/2" and width as 4 1/2".  The thickness of the wood is 3/4".

Karl

Offline Rouxso

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:19 pm »
Just getting started  would like to get patterns for woodworking 8)

Offline Wdwrkr

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2020, 02:04:36 pm »
Hello all!  So happy to be a part of this forum.  My name is Zoe. I’m a 63 year old retired postal worker.  My hubby built me a wood shop filled with lots of tools, which I’m still learning how to use  :), my favorite being the Scrollsaw!  What a blast!  Thanks Steve for your generosity with your patterns and wealth of knowledge.  I’m having so much fun!

Offline Tcoyne65

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2020, 03:38:45 pm »
Hello everyone my name is Toby and am a brand new scroll saw person. Just looking for good expert guys on Scroll saw. doing alot of steve goods projects.

But anyway, hello to all scrollbar people.

Toby :)

Offline reMorafishun

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 09, 2020, 05:30:39 am »
[Hi everyone . I am from Gloucestershire , England I normally use a Hegner saw . I use it for cutting marquetry overlays. I would be happy for anyone to talk to me about  this subject & what saws they use .font=verdana][/font]

Offline richardh42

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 15, 2020, 06:09:10 pm »
Howdy All, I'm a new member from deep in the Heart of Texas.  Thanks for allowing me to join.  I hope to learn a lot.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2020, 07:08:18 am »
Welcome

Offline Gdmartin

• View Profile
Re: Newnew mem Member
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2020, 03:02:18 am »
Hi Garry from pa.New to scrolling been a hobby accessories most of my life and this is totally diffeerent.going from the accuracy of the machine to your ability. It is very difficult to master .following the videos on the internet make you appreciate the talent that they have. I have a delta 40-694 saw now that I am trying to use.

SMF

Teknoromi