Author Topic: New Members  (Read 67459 times)

Offline crshedd

• View Profile
Re: New Members
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2021, 01:15:33 pm »
i'm going to pretend that all the nice things said here for newbies apply to me as well...at least til you get to know me.
i'm clayton (crshedd) and i just joined today. i will start my first project in about 2 weeks (i'm heading out to see the kids). i live in pearland, tx but originally from california.
i asked this in the 'welcome' forum but i will ask here also:
    can you scroll foam board? i am interested mainly in 1/4" but am open to other thicknesses.
looking forward to this new endeavor. i'm a bit shy so i won't post too much but i will read everything!
thanx for all your help i will be begging for.
sorry. i keep tipping over.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2021, 11:00:27 pm »
i'm going to pretend that all the nice things said here for newbies apply to me as well...at least til you get to know me.
i'm clayton (crshedd) and i just joined today. i will start my first project in about 2 weeks (i'm heading out to see the kids). i live in pearland, tx but originally from california.
i asked this in the 'welcome' forum but i will ask here also:
    can you scroll foam board? i am interested mainly in 1/4" but am open to other thicknesses.
looking forward to this new endeavor. i'm a bit shy so i won't post too much but i will read everything!
thanx for all your help i will be begging for.

never tried but don't see why not, probably nest to go slow loke idle speed and corsae blade

Offline jpaskell

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 29, 2021, 09:37:00 am »
Good morning all,
My name is Jim ( username jpaskell)  Purchased a used Dewalt DW788 on Facebook.  Thought I'd try it after watching all the YouTube videos from Steve Good, Hans Meier, Bob Brokaw and the Gwinnett woodworkers site as well as others.

Glad to be here for what I know will be questions I have that will be helpful from those in the know.

I'm retired and took up woodworking a few years ago, but with the price of lumber, realized scroll saw work was satisfying and required less expensive wood due to smaller projects that still provide great looking results.  Smaller, thinner and sometimes able to use some leftovers from other work.

Look forward to visiting often and asking, hopefully, not dumb, questions.

Glad to be here,
Jim

Offline smyrna5

• What's another word for Thesaurus?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 11, 2022, 06:49:24 am »
Hello All. New Member here. I'm a semi-retired consulting engineer, meaning I still work if a paying client calls me, but I don't market my services anymore. I live in a suburb of of metropolitan Atlanta.

I've been slowly trying to outfit a very small shop in a room off my garage. I got interested in scroll saws while looking for a used bandsaw. One thing led to another and soon I found irresistible deals on an old 16" Craftsman and then an almost new Porter Cable 18" scroll saw, which now live in my garage. I'm currently working on getting better at blade changes in the PC.

I used to be (pre-pandemic) band that played music in nursing homes, but that scene is pretty much on hold until this pandemic is over. One of my dreams is to build a guitar and a ukulele, but reading about scrolling has me interested in the many simple scroll saw patterns and intarsia. I blame that on all the many excellent videos the Gwinnett Scroll Saw Group has on YouTube. I live in an adjacent county to Gwinnett and may see if I can get to a meeting of that group some post pandemic day.

Anyway, glad to be a member of this forum. Thanks for having me.

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2022, 11:50:18 pm »
Very nice to meet you!
Nicole

SMF

Teknoromi