Author Topic: Where's Iggy?  (Read 15864 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Iggy?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 04:22:25 am »
Well thank goodness for that.  Thank you so much Gabby.  Now get back onto him and tell him he owes me an email and to look sharp about it.   :D :D :D :D

Marg
You have his e-mail pinch his butt yourself! LOL   ;D ;D ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 08:38:06 am »
That is some Good News in my rather dreary week!

Good to know he is OK!

And we look out for each other.....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 03:26:11 pm »
Sorry everyone, I have been wrapped up in my own agenda lately as I have been waiting for a year for an Ankle Joint. As Marg will tell you, I was limping well when she was here with Roy last year. Since then, I have been keeping up my usual work rate and as the Ankle gets progressively worse, it gets harder and harder to cope. I now have trouble making 100 yards without extreme pain, apparently there is no cartilage left in the first joint thus the pain. The delay is not due to the system failure but all mine as they would not take me in with high blood pressure. That problem is now resolved and today I have been for a pre op survey and passed with flying colours so am staring down the barrel of my first bit of titanium implant within the next Month. The downside is that I am not allowed to put my foot to the ground for at lest 6 weeks after the op, that will kill me!!!
    On the positive side, I have a long standing desire to learn Google's sketchup, Her in doors will have to wait on me hand and foot (YEH), there are some books I need to catch up on, pester Gabby to distraction, and recall some of the favours I have done for others as I never charge for my work, only the materials. I will shut up now as you must be getting PEED off by now IGGY  8) 8) 8) 8)
Frustration is the food of invention.

rob roy

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 06:45:17 pm »
We never get PEED off with you Iggy. It's great to see you back. And good luck with that ankle. Take care.
Rob Roy.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 07:23:53 pm »
Titanium rocks....take it from a guy with a titanium knee!

So get it fixed and set a spell!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »
I'm with G.B.. Titanium rocks! I've got a titanium hip. Broke it on a Monday, got operated on on Tuesday, walking with crutches on Wednesday was home on Friday and walking without aid buy the following Friday. It will more than likely outlive all the rest of my joints.  :D ;) ;D

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 11:52:15 pm »
 Thanks G B and R R for your encouraging comments. I am not concerned about the surgery but the recovery time is a pain. Because the Joint is so small, they fit a hinge rather like a dovetail joint and the bone has to grow back around it to hold it in place so the after care is as follows. 6 weeks in a cast during which time you are not allowed to put your foot to the floor at all then another 6 weeks with a pump  up boot followed with another 3 months of intensive therapy. The tools will be rusty and the car won't start, but on the + side, I get to virtually spend the winter in bed and hope God will pay the winter fuel bills. Iggy.   
Frustration is the food of invention.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 02:17:17 am »
Ok Mr. Iggy of sorry I mean Ian, YOU OWE ME AN EMAIL, :( so you can do it while you are sitting around doing nothing but annoying Fran. >:( ;) One question though, how are you going to manage the stairs?  :-\ Because the way I remember it it does not matter which way you go you have to manage some stairs!!!!!!!!!!!! ???  When you email I expect at least 3/4 of a page. Only kidding 1/2 a page will do.  :D :D ;)

Marg :-*
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:45 am »
Pushy women!
G
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 02:59:40 am »
Love you too Gabby. :-*

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 06:18:19 am »
Ian, don't listen to Marge her bark is worse than her bite. Believe me, I'm married to a MARG too. Coming up on 45 years of threats that come to nothing. Fortunately she is out at the moment so she wont see this LOL.
Take care Ian.
Rob Roy.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 08:33:59 am »
Now this is more like the forum I used to know. Good to see the banter and the babble ( from some). Makes me want to check in more often to see who is insulting who. but all in fun and that is the main thing. ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

rob roy

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 04:42:02 pm »
A bit of fun keeps us sane in this mad world Clyde. Wife doesn't agree as according to her I AINT SANE. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.
Rob Roy.

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 04:52:24 pm »
Rob,
My wife doesn't care who I pick on or poke fun at as long as it isnt here!!!!!!!
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Fab4

• Go For It
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »
Hi Iggy:
Good luck with your upcoming surgery
When you get around to Marg's e-mail use a big font size
You'll get a full page out of it and that should keep her.................(fill in the blank)
Fab4

Marg:
Gabby loves you too
Paul (Fab4)

SMF

Teknoromi