Author Topic: Tools-Plus?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Tools-Plus?
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »
 :-\
Anybody have any experiences with "Tool-Plus" as a  vendor/supplier?

Thinking about a large purchase from them aqnd don't want to get stung...

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

Re: Tools-Plus?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:28:33 am »
    Being a Mechanic. Plus being a Chief Mechanic for a Fire Dept. I must say, I've never heard of them. Check their warranty. How far are they from you? If a piece of equipment fails, how much would it cost for shipping back to the factory? I've dealt with business's that said their product was the best, but when something broke, it was your fault, or better yet,you could'nt get ahold of them. BE CAREFUL! Dave

daneklund

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 02:36:00 am »
I have not heard of them before.  Maybe someone else can report on them.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:15:31 am »
They have a rather large presence on the internet but I am naturally wary!

Think I'll stick with known suppliers. The difference in cost is not great enough to offset my basic instincts.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Rightarm

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 08:50:51 pm »
    I'm like that also. Dealt with tools of all kinds most of my life. Service & warranty are to two big things to me. Sometimes it's just as good to go to Harbor Freight, buy the cheap stuff, throw it away when it breaks. Not that I'm saying the cheap stuff is the best. Just remember you get what you pay for. Dave

Marshall

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:30:30 pm »
Gary I used them when I brought my Dewalt scroll-saw and wish I would had checked around more and saved more by buying it elsewhere . There service was just fine , as I have said price around .......Marshall

SMF

Teknoromi