Author Topic: These are the weekends accomplishments....  (Read 1434 times)

tgaspard

These are the weekends accomplishments....
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:23 am »
I finished the butterfly, cut a howling coyote.  Not sure of the wood. But I like how it turned out...Re-cut Steve's cross with the motification (Pay no attention to the crooked cuts)...Not all that great cutting at bevels....and Cut four bookends and painted them....And somehow managed to get my hands clean for my second wedding on Sunday to my husband...We have been married for 4 years...and wanted to get it official in the church after I got baptized....

Tonya

Gary

Re: These are the weekends accomplishments....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 12:03:53 pm »
Tonya,
     Thanks for showing your work. I think I like the last one the best. All of them looked good....Gary

Marshall

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »
It all looks good , I guess the last one would be my pick also ...........Marshall

Dawie

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:57:41 pm »
Great stuff again. Thanks for sharing.
David

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:10:48 pm »
good job, thanks.

cherie

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 07:44:19 am »
I also like the last one.  I do have a question...when it comes to cutting a piece of wood with the bark still on, how thick is the wood?  And how do you cut it without all the bark coming off?

tgaspard

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 08:34:17 am »
Cherie,
    Those small slabs of wood are about 1/4" thick.  I made Joe cut me some slabs out of one of his MANY logs...LOL.  Although, people have cut thicker slabs.  The bark is really attached to the wood.  You may have some small pieces that flake off but that shouldn't be a problem.  They also have some stuff called wood hardener that you can soak the wood in if you wish.  I do not use it but Joe has some in the shop for his pen blanks that are really soft. 

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions just ask away...

Tonya

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 10:09:37 am »
Great job on all of them.  is the butterfly pattern something you can share?
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

tgaspard

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:27:29 am »
The pattern is by Darklady.  That I got from another woodworking site a couple of years ago..

Tonya

CharlieA

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 11:57:27 am »
I like the butterfly also. It looks like it involved some very intricate cutting. I think that the way you oriented the grain on the howling coyote is perfect.

SMF

Teknoromi