Author Topic: CWC searchable data base?  (Read 1097 times)

Mr.Mike

CWC searchable data base?
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:26 pm »
I seem to remember sometime last year there was a mention of someone putting together a data base of all the patterns that had been published in Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazine. This was to be a searchable data base listing the pattern and the issue it could be found.
 I have most of the issues from the 1st to present, I'm missing a few from several years ago but in the process of buying them now. It would be great to have that data base as a tool to save time searching issue to issue to find that certain pattern that "I know I've seen somewhere-- I think it's in one of these magazines."
  Does anyone else remember this or is it another one of my old age brain farts?
           Help me out here........MIKE               

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
Re: CWC searchable data base?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:57:42 pm »
Hi Mike,

Nope it wasn't a Brain Fart.  CWC is in the process of doing a data base.  It will be in disc form and you will be able to purchase it thru the magazine.  Check your latest magazine and see if there is an advertisement for the disc.  As of Jan 2011 CWC said it would be a few months before they completed the data base.  They didn't realize at the time what a big job it was going to be.

Chels
ChelCass

Offline Barry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:01:20 am »
I remember when I first started scrolling, reading about how everyone found it so hard to keep all their mags organized.  I thought why is that so hard.  Now I see how you can accumulate stacks of magazines and patterns.  I am always thinking now, where did I see that pattern?

I would be interested in that product.

Barry

Offline cskipper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14:53 am »
I was backtracking - trying to find the names of pattern designers for pieces I have cut but didn't note the issue or designer.  So, I have built a spreadsheet of these mag's, though some of 2011 not added yet.  It can be sorted alphabetically, but still depends on me entering the title of projects in a way I think I could find them again.  A really searchable index will be great.
Cathy
Cathy Skipper
When in doubt, just do the next right thing.

Offline pieter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 11:07:31 am »
Boy I certainly am interested in a searchable data base; as you I am always trying to remember where I saw that pattern.

Pieter

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 11:19:54 am »
that'll be great i have lots of those magazines and that will save a lot of time looking up patterns.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

SMF

Teknoromi