Author Topic: 788  (Read 904 times)

Offline termite

• View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:36:36 pm »
 two yrs. ago when i was looking for a scroll saw, everyone was saying Dewalt was the best. now
most everybody is talking Excalibur. what turned you against Dewalt. i like my 788, but i'm not pleased with Dewalt. they have had this knocking problem ever since they came on the market &
they havent done anything about it. i also havent had any luck with tech support people.instead of trying to help me they just tell me to take it to a service center.

Offline julief

• View Profile
Re: 788
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 08:53:23 am »
Termite, when this forum started a couple of years ago, there were only a few of us who had EX21 saws.  The best saw (READILY AVAILABLE) was the Dewalt, so that is what many of them had.  It was the best saw available at the box stores.  If you did not have access to the speciality stores that carried the better saws - the Dewalt was the best there was.  I have yet to see a store that carries more that one or two brands of scrollsaws.  They usually have a low and a high end saw, but never have a variety of brands to choose from.  I drove all over the Dallas/Ft worth area to see the different brands of high end saws and ended up with my EX21.  Never regretted it.  Many times on this forum we have discussed which saw is the best to buy and every time this conversation has come up, there are die-hard users of each that say their saw is best.  (I used to get offended that the Dewalt users said there's was better than mine).  As people have moved up to the EX21 - they are finding differences that make it a more user friendly saw.  It does have less vibration.  The head tilts, not the table.  The cutting area is forward on the table so it is not necessary to tilt the table forward.  Tube storage on the saw.  Excellent customer service.  I'm sure those that have had both saws can add to this list.  There is nothing wrong with the Dewalt saw.  It's all a matter of preference.

Offline termite

• View Profile
Re: 788
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »
as i said earlier i like my Dewalt but if i ever decide to change , Ray at Seyco will be the first person i will talk to. the way you talk they have great customer service. that means a lot to me

SMF

Teknoromi