Author Topic: 788  (Read 1354 times)

Offline termite

• View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:43:24 pm »
my 788 started knocking at all speeds. i tried all suggestions on Mikes site, nothing worked. today
i took it to a service center about an hour away. said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get it back. will
tell what the problem was when they return it.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: 788
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:04:02 am »
Hey Termite, Unfortunately it is a common problem with the DeWalt 788 that has been well used. There is a an adjustment that can be made, but is only temporary. Over the years, I had adjusted my old saw to many times that I lost my cutting thickness capacity, so I couldn't cut any thicker than 3/4", so I replaced it with a new 788. I still have the old one. I guess I should have serviced to have a spare saw, but I can't afford it right now.
I will be curious what it costs to get yours fixed.
Dan In Southern California

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:17:27 am »
What a terrible thing to happen - especially this time of year.  I hope your repair center is decent and you get your saw back soon.  Keep us posted on what happens. 

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Paw Paw Ray

• View Profile
    • Paw Paws Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:11:52 am »
Looking forward to what the answer is as mime is starting to knock.

Offline spiderman

• Spiderman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 04:16:35 pm »
yep thats why i have a backup scroll saw  i to have one of those crapy dw788 scroll saw and this year i got an ex-21 scroll saw much better and better built....... and a nice table....   
I wish i never got the dewalt scroll saw. and just get two ex-21 scroll saws.    mine to have a bit of a noise and it is just a little over 1 year old but i have not use it all that much.
my dewalt is a type 2 scroll saw  i wish i could of got the type 1 scroll saw made better
SPIDERMAN THE KING OF THE WEB

SMF

Teknoromi