Author Topic: Tail of the dragon  (Read 856 times)

Bamacfa

Tail of the dragon
« on: October 07, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »

My wife and I recently went to the Smoky Mountains and rode the tail of the dragon in Tn. It is 11 miles long and has 311 turns in it. It was a great vacation.

Bill P

Re: Tail of the dragon
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:44:36 pm »
My last bike was an '08 Harley Deluxe.  I've heard of Tail of the Dragon but never road it.  I envy you!

Bill

marmoh

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:23:37 pm »
My husband and I took our bikes over 12 years ago and did it ... gets your attention when you hear your pegs dragging in the asphalt ... My sister and I went about 10 years ago  ... had a better time the 2nd time !!!  Still have my T- shirt around here somewhere.  Need the carbs cleaned on my bike but, since my hubby used to be a motor cycle mechanic, it will probably never get fixed !!!

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:21:57 am »
We did it a few years back also.  Great ride, but I actually preferred the Foothills Parkway on the way to the Dragon.  Nice long sweeping turns!  That was a couple years before a car turned into me.  Be careful out there.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

chief

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 03:12:11 pm »
I always wanted to run the Tail, but I would get arrested since I want to do it in an all-wheel-drive car as fast as I can.

Bamacfa

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 04:49:06 pm »
Chief, there were several people on cars and bikes doing just that. I am surprised they didnt go off the side of the mountain.

SMF

Teknoromi