Author Topic: Rocking horses for cancer  (Read 1505 times)

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
Rocking horses for cancer
« on: October 07, 2011, 02:55:57 pm »
I originally posted this in the General Scrollsaw section, but maybe it belongs in this section:

Hey guys & gals---This isn't about scrolling, but I thought some might be interested.  There is a well known woodworking blogger named Mark Spagnuolo (sp) or otherwise as "The Wood Whisperer" at www.thewoodwhisperer.com.  He is a great guy with a lot to offer.

He has teamed up with some of his sponsors and made plans available for a simple rocking horse (plans from wood magazine free).  For anyone who produces a rocking horse and sends him a picture, money will be donated to Woodworkers Fighting Cancer for the Livestrong foundation.  the goal is to make them a $10,000 donation.

He posted a video of the first part of his build, and more are to come.

I intend to build one and enter the fray, & my wife is going to raffle off the project at her office so we can donate the proceeds from the sale as well.

Check it out and see if you wouldn't like to join in!

Here is a link to a page about the Project and Woodworkers Fighting Cancer:   http://thewoodwhisperer.com/wfc/
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Rocking horses for cancer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 12:33:14 pm »
Very worthy cause.  Thanks for the link.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi