Author Topic: I broke the saw  (Read 1116 times)

aitormartin

I broke the saw
« on: October 06, 2011, 04:43:47 pm »

Within months of buying this saw, when I was about to change saw blade, I broke the plastic nut tightening of the saw.

When I mess up the mountains do not care much because I already was considering posivilidad of buying a scroll saw better quality, but as the mountains take a couple of weeks, and I had been half of a job, I do not stay choice but to have something to do to finish the letters were cut.

To tighten the 3 nuts saw metric needed 6M. But lamantablemente the thread was broken and the nuts were not within the asparagus which is the tensor saw blade (hereafter tensor).

First remove all the covers of the scroll saw, and I had to remove the tension screw to it with a die and recover the thread.

The asparagus, simply is tight with two wedge-shaped nuts that are removed very easily (and ready to turn the asparagus). After I pressed the asparagus in a vice, and you pass it a sweep of M6.

After threading the asparagus, just had to be mounted each piece in place and ready. 3 I put the stud in Turkey, the Turkish central nut we have to tighten and loosen the two nuts lock nut makes us so we got to turn the asparagus.

Approximately half an hour late mind to repair the saw.

tux_linux

Re: I broke the saw
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:18:35 am »
Looks fine!

Can you build in a lever? that would make it even simpler. A bicycle front lever has the right size.

SMF

Teknoromi