Author Topic: I Need a new saw  (Read 1308 times)

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
I Need a new saw
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:15:48 pm »
Hi folks, my Ryobi has been out of commission since August, and after much complaining and being under foot "the boss" has finally said "you need a new saw." I really must have been in the way because I have been advised to get the best. So I am looking at an "EXCALIBUR".  Problem is Seyco does not ship to Canada. Does anyone out there know of a Canadian Supplier or an American company that will ship across the border. Thanks
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: I Need a new saw
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »
I think that your best bet is to go to General International directly and see what dealer is close to you.  The link for them is here:

http://www.general.ca/pg_index/Distributors/distwc_en.html

I found them to be wonderful to deal with.  Even though I got my saw from Ray at Seyco and picked it up when I was in New York, I have talked to some of the people here in Canada and they are friendly and helpful.  If you PM me I will try to look up the name of who I spoke with and we can get you set if the list above doesn't help.

Just let me know.  I HIGHLY recommend the Excalibur.  It has taken my cutting (and my partner's) to a whole new level.  It is a great machine and will make you love scrolling even more!

Let us know how you do!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »
hey Clyde check out the new sears tool catalog the 16" and the 21" are both in there. 21" on the stand and footswitch is on sale $819.99 i think
http://www.sears.ca/product/general-international8482-21-scroll-saw-with-stand-and-footswitch/609-000754879-EX-21K
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:35:53 pm by newfie »

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:46:57 pm »
That was fast ;D. After I posted the note I continued to poke around on the internet, I went to the General international site and it seems that there may be a supplier right here in St John's. I have to make a few calls in the morning. I am feeling gooood right now. Thanks
Clyde

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 05:00:42 am »
Hi Fellow Canuck

I bought my Ex-21 from Federated in London Ontario.  It is the model with the stand and the foot petal.
http://www.federatedtool.com/

The price was 819 less 10% delivery included.

Federated offerred a deal recently less 20% plus delivery.  My buddy phoned and it was better to take the my deal instead of the 20%.

There must be wiggle room in the pricing.

Don

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:22:24 pm »
It is done ;D. I ordered my saw from Sears, no shipping charges, at a better price than Seyco for the saw stand and foot switch.  ;D ;D ;D
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi