Author Topic: Compliment  (Read 1980 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Compliment
« on: September 29, 2011, 09:47:18 pm »
What in your opinion  would be the best compliment you have had for your scroll work.
Mine was at the last craft fair our club did and it was the amount of people that asked if my work was laser cut, this was not only a compliment in my opinion but held their attention and often produce a sale
Jimbo

Bill P

Re: Compliment
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »
You nailed it, that's the best compliment!

Good job, Jimbo.  :D

Bill P.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:14:04 am »
A friends uncle was over from Scotland and he was so impressed with what I do he asked if he could video record me working and then take some shots of some of my work.  That was flattering enough but when he showed some of his fried back home all one of the could say was " And a women did those?????"  And all I could think was, 'YES'

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:12 am »
A friends uncle was over from Scotland and he was so impressed with what I do he asked if he could video record me working and then take some shots of some of my work.  That was flattering enough but when he showed some of his fried back home all one of the could say was " And a women did those?????"  And all I could think was, 'YES'

Marg

All RIGHT Good on Ya!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:17 am »
Never had the laser cut compliment, but what comes close is:

Did you made this yourself? WOW!

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

thumbs

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 07:32:56 am »
At a show a group of 6-7 teenagers came to my stall and looked everything over , one asked if I had done the cutting. After I said yes, he said Sweet, I guess that was a compliment --Richard aka thumbs :o :o :o

tux_linux

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 07:37:48 am »
I got lots of comments about to sale the wood works because people thought that it would sell well (..or they would not have to deal with it ;D ). And that's what I'm doing now.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 08:05:27 am »

For me as a designer, the best compliment I receive is when people make my designs and come back and tell me how much people liked them.  I also love seeing how others put their own twist on my designs.  With all the free patterns around these day, it is a great compliment for people to come to me for patterns.  I work really hard to make them the best that I can and the instructions easy to follow and it means the world that people keep coming back for more! :)  Thanks so much to those who do!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Bill P

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 09:12:05 am »
Sheila, I'm so glad to read your post.  I added a circle to your Celtic cross and was always wondering if that upset you.

Bill P.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 09:17:11 am »
Of course not, Bill!  I like to let people know that using my designs to springboard their own creativity is great as far as I am concerned!  I am happy to see that happen and encourage to use the patterns in all or in part with their own ideas. :)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

bampasr

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 09:38:43 am »
My best compliment was from a professional art critic. He asked if I would like to show my work at there art show. But can't go something else that weekend, but it is nise to be asked.

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:46:59 am »
Had a show last November.  Fairly large turn out.  A older couple stood looking at the my back wall with all the portraits.  The lady had already bought two of my stand up lil clocks and she mentioned to her husband that all them portraits must be painted.  They both just had to go up to the wall and touch them.  They both had lots of Good Compliments.  They even bought one.  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

SheGold

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 01:37:29 pm »
I guess my best complinment was when I showed my Jesus head to some folks a guy said "I'll give you $75.00 for it right now"... Sheila

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »
I'd have to say the laser cut comment. People still look skeptical then I show them the blades and they seem amazed.

Sheila, I'm glad you posted your "springboard" comment. Your sled ornament patterns that were in a magazine a few years ago are a hit. I did change the runners to the year (2010, 2011, etc) and always sell out of them at the shows. You do some amazing designs.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 12:59:53 pm »
My oldest son, who is the most skeptical person I know visited not long after I started scrolling..I gave him a very simple rectangle of 1/4" oak with his initials for a key fob for  his brand new trick.
He looked at and replied, "YOU made this?...."no way dad this looks like it was made with a laser!"
Needless to say he got one very large HUG!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi