Author Topic: Steve Goods e-mail today 8-22-11  (Read 3449 times)

Chachi

Steve Goods e-mail today 8-22-11
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »
This goes out to Steve, I'm sure I speak for most if not all of the Forum with this.
  We are all aware of How hard you work and the long hours that you put into this forum and blog for all of us, in your E-mail today you had explained how you needed to walk away from the hobby and I for one agree with you, you need to walk away from time to time you yourself put so much thought into the patterns that you send out to us each day via e-mail or blog, now I am not a pattern maker I fiddle around with some programs now and again but i'm just at the very tip of all that you pattern makers do for us.
  Coming up with a new Pattern everysingle day can not be easy I mean I look at something and say oh I could make that into a pattern but then I don't have to worry about the copyright laws and all trademark concerns like you need to.
  We all know just as well you need to spend time with the family on and off the computer since we both are your familys those ones are much more important in our eyes.
  In short we say if you need a week or two away I 'm sure we can do without your patterns for that amount of time and don't worry about the forum Russ and the rest of us got the forum covered.

Even though it is just a hobby we are all like a family and sometimes you just need some time away from them and the worse thing you could ever do is get burned out on the hobby you love to do so much.

Now for the reason I am putting this here and not sending it to Steve himself is because I know he comes here and I thought it would be nice for all of us to add something here for him to read... or just click the like button over there -------->  [LIKE]  However I do think it is broken lol.....

HWPlmbr1

Re: Steve Goods e-mail today 8-22-11
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:44:03 pm »
HERE! HERE!! I quite agree with Chachi, not much I can add to that but my thanks and appreciation to you also Steve.
Here's lifting a cold kool aid to ya!!  :)

Offline Crabbyboater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:09 pm »
And I'm another in full agreement.  Have to have a balance of work, family, etc. to enjoy our lives so expect that of you.  Love the site and your patterns, Steve.  Thanks much!
Your web footed friend in Seattle, WA.

SheGold

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:42:32 pm »
Steve please know you need to take time for you... We understand and will look forward to your return.. In the mean time rest, don't think of scrolling for a bit,, recharge those creative batteries.. We all love and appreciate all that you do for us.. Not just patterns and blog and all but you just being a friend and making us a family.. Go rest and clear your mind.. Don't worry about us we'll be here when you return... Huggles to you and God bless... Sheila in Tx

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »
And for heaven's sake do something fun with the lady in  your life!

She deserves to have your 'undivided' attention much more than we....

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:19 pm »
Steve, your forum and the "family" is such a big part of my life. A very humble thank you.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 02:44:51 pm »
Steve....You were the main reason I entered this great hobby, you made it appear sooo enjoyable, and how right you were.  Take lots of time off so that you can get that good feeling back.  We all appreciate you and what you do...Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 03:13:21 pm »
It's an amazing little family you have created here Steve!
Dan In Southern California

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:04 pm »
This forum is the most often checked site on the net in my daily routines.  Every time I meet a scroller or find out that someone on LumberJocks or at our woodworking guild is getting into scrolling I refer them to this forum and Steves site as the most valuable resource for scrollers available.  Keep it up, but please don't burn yourself out!  We need you too much.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline golfman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 04:43:33 pm »
Without this website the free patterns and all the help from this family I would never have enjoyed such a great hobby. Thank you Steve      Tom

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 03:10:28 am »
I agree with everything that has been said Thanks Steve
Jimbo

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 10:33:54 am »
I agree with everything that was mentioned and I  understand the stress you undertake day in and day out to make this the best site around. I love your free patterns and I have cut many of them. Thank you so very much. Steve please take as much time off as you need as we know you deserve it. Enjoy life with your wife as she needs your time and attention. Come back to us when you are fully rested both physically and mentally. May God Bless you for all that you do for the Scroll Saw Community

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 04:20:31 pm »
OK Steve you slacker, that's enough! Get back to work. The grind stone is spinning so get your nose to it!!  LMBO  ;D

Aw heck take all the time you need, can't have you wearing out now can we?

We'll be here to bug you when you get back.
Love what you've done for the hobby and all your FRIENDS here in the forum.
Remember we can pick our friends but we can't pick our relatives. There is more to that line but I shall desist.
Thanks again Steve,
Gabby
Non Iligitimus Carborundum.
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Mainewoods

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 08:19:31 pm »
Take whatever time you need Steve!  It'd take me five years to cut all the patterns you've made available so far, so if you want to come back in 5 years and pick up there, so be it!

Thanks for everything you do!!

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:05 am »
I agree with all of the other comments.  We all have to stop and smell the roses sometimes because if we don't we will be helping to fertilise them.  Take as long as you need Steve and get to know your family again, and turn off your computer.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

SMF

Teknoromi