Author Topic: Ornament Maker  (Read 3465 times)

northie66

Re: Ornament Maker
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:05 am »
Thanks for posting that Chips.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 07:19:38 am »
I think your name and Merry Christmas should all be caps.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

chips

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 08:42:46 am »
  Janet,

Your welcome!

Russ,

Good point! That's the way I did it when trying to figure this all out. But I had to assume people would know what to do on their own, and from watching Steve's video. I was getting pressed for time also. I had to figure out how to do it all over again since as I'd mentioned in my first message I stayed up till after mid-nite figuring it out and had tried so many options that I'd forgotten half of them by the time Termite asked about it. The first time thru I pretty well included all the details and got timed out for my troubles. Message disappeared! So the 2nd time thru I made sure I shortened things up to a minimum figuring if it wasn't clear people would ask and I could go into more detail on specific points.

I am definitely gonna print out my message so I can do it again!  :) :) :) :)

Pete

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:01 am »
THANKS CHIPS. i will see if i can figure this out tonight. i am a computer dummy. about all i can do
is put the quarter in this thing to turn it on. thanks again

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 10:40:46 am »
I am not sure but I think Steve used Microsoft Word 2000, I tried it using 2007 and was not able to get the options needed. I went to my daughter's house and used her 2000 version and had no trouble following Steve's instructions. I have since created many ornaments.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 12:24:36 pm »
Pete thanks for going to the trouble of typing that up. 

May I offer a suggestion for you so you do not encounter that dreaded "Timed out" feature a lot of us have also encountered.  Compose your message, if it is going to be lengthy in word or notepad first, and then you can just copy and paste it into the message box without having to rush through your message.  Benefit of doing it in word is their is a spell checker as well, which notepad does not offer.  Just something I do if I don't want to lose all I have written.

One other way is to highlight your message just prior to actually posting it and do ctrl+c to copy it to your clipboard. Or right click in the message area, then click on select all and then click on copy in case it goes poof.  Then all you have to do is hit reply and paste your message in the new window if you have lost everything you just wrote.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

chips

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 04:48:33 pm »
 Mike,

Hard to say what version of MS Word Steve used. I was thinking maybe 2003 as if I'm not mistaken that's  the one just before 2007.

All the options Steve shows in his video are in 2007 but they are hid away, and you have to shift around quite a bit to find them.

Dunk,

Now why didn't I think of that! :) Must have been brain-dead as I've used that method quite a bit myself. Thanks for reminding me.

Pete

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 07:15:40 pm »
Wasn't trying to sound like a know it all, Ive been so frustrated trying to compose something in the past only to find out a site has timed me out.  I try and remember to do this all the time now.  It helps relieve stress...LOL  I hope it helps someone else.   ;D
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi