Author Topic: First scroll saw  (Read 386 times)

Offline jeff

• View Profile
First scroll saw
« on: September 29, 2023, 11:51:01 pm »
I been thinking seriously about getting a scroll saw and I want to get a good one rather than a entry saw...I like the excliber...but from what i hear the new ones are not as good as the older ones...so i have been looking at the pegas..seyco..and the jet....can anyone give me their input...thank you

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: First scroll saw
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 10:30:14 am »
 :) Dewalt all the way :)
I'm from North Dakota

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 09:25:41 am »
I have the 18" Jet and I love it.  It uses holders for the blades.  You put the bottom end of the blade in the holder and use a hole on the side of the saw as a wrench to get it tight.  Then you slip the holder into the lower arm and flip a lever to clamp the top end.  The adjustment at the back of the saw is NOT the tension, it's just to get the arm parallel.  You turn the lever to get the tension set.  Once you have it set you're done - flip the lever closed and it's tight.  DO use a bit of tape or something to mark the setting of the back knob though - it can wander when you don't have a blade in.

Add a foot pedal for good control whichever saw you get.  I have the one from Harbor Freight because there's one six blocks from my house.  Cost about $15.  If you've ever used a sewing machine it's very similar.

The Jet IS about twice as much as the standard Dewalt but I'm very happy with my choice.

Offline ALG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 01:20:24 pm »
 Delta is the sme has a Dewalt for less.

SMF

Teknoromi