Author Topic: 4 in x 4 in Coaster Blanks  (Read 571 times)

Offline LDutra

• View Profile
4 in x 4 in Coaster Blanks
« on: January 15, 2022, 07:04:45 pm »
Is there any way to resize the shadow box patterns to fit on a square 4in by 4in coaster blank?

Offline Rodney

• View Profile
Re: 4 in x 4 in Coaster Blanks
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 10:59:57 pm »
You can resize almost any of Steve's patterns in Gimp or Inkscape. Just remember that the smaller you make them it could make cutting them very difficult. If you are planning to use a CNC or Laser, you will probably have to import the pattern into the program that runs those machines.

What pattern were you wanting to resize? The name of the pattern?

Offline Nicole

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 06:51:18 pm »
I am not sure if everyone's printers can do this, but I have found it easy enough to resize a pattern by changing the size before you print it out. So if you want to shrink something down, just choose to print it out at 50% size (instead of 100% or actual size). Hope that helps!
Nicole

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 06:50:42 am »
All Steve's patterns are PDF.

If you open in Acrobat and in the print menu is a resize option.

If you want to make bigger use the poster function.  See the pattern for instructions. Bottom on page 2.

If you don't want to paly with percentages, Inkscape is the the way to go as you can open all Steve's patterns that way and modify as you want.

If all else fails send me a PM with specific instructions on pattern and size and your email address.

SMF

Teknoromi