Author Topic: only 2 months practive  (Read 931 times)

Offline Dennieb67

• Dennie B
    • View Profile
only 2 months practive
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:36:52 am »
I am really enjoying this hobby!  I started the end of December and all of my free time is spent in my little tool room with my scroll saw.  I keep pushing my abilities and have recently just done the VW and Marilyn patterns.  I even made some earrings.  I never thought I could be so addicted and obsessed with a hobby!!

Offline GLC

• View Profile
Re: only 2 months practive
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:15:42 pm »
Congrats on finding an inexpensive hobby that you physically perform and enjoy without even leaving the house.  You have picked a winner and can usually find many helpful folks that can help you learn.  See if you can locate a woodworking group with scrollers.  Hands on help is immensely helpful.  Regards > GLC in Cypress, Texas.

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:00:07 pm »
  I never thought I could be so addicted and obsessed with a hobby!!

Yup, you're in trouble now!   ;)
Scrolling has its perks

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 04:32:07 pm »
Get Steve's memory stick of patterns, then start a collection of the ones from this year.

Whenever you need something to do, look through that giant heap.  There's always something fun in there.  And most patterns you'll be able to do pretty well.  They'll stretch your skills, but that just means you'll then be able to do the next harder ones.

I was commenting to the ever-indulgent wife the other day about how much wood there is in our living room.

KCSteve :->

SMF

Teknoromi