Author Topic: New member in kansas  (Read 631 times)

Offline mikey ict

• View Profile
New member in kansas
« on: December 14, 2020, 06:03:29 pm »
Greetings,  mikey here. I am 4 years into retirement interested in trying to make some wood stuff. Slowly filling my side of the garage up with saws, drill press, work bench etc. I'm to the point that I need to either start parking outside or move our bikes and trikes out back under a tarp so I can spread things out and play. My grandad  had a furniture  upholstery shop where he also  made some jigsaw puzzles and used to rent them out to people for a few cents way back when.  I remember putting those puzzles together as a kid. He used a delta jigsaw?  to cut out the puzzles. It is a big cast iron C shaped saw that has a spring loaded plunger up top that you move to tension the blade)  My little brother has the saw now.  Anyway, looking forward to learning some new skills and maybe making a puzzle of my own someday.
Stay safe
Mike blubaugh

Offline KCSteve

• View Profile
Re: New member in kansas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 09:11:22 pm »
Hi Mikey!

I'm in the KC area myself (North end, basically Gladstone).  If you want to get up to speed with your scroll saw in one day go down to Branson and see Mr. M (Gaylen Montgomery).  Here's his website: https://www.mrmsworkshop.com/
I took his first two classes last year and am doing pretty well now.

For jigsaw puzzles go on YouTube and look for Mark's Custom Puzzles.  That's Mark G. Cappitella and Steve has posted about him and some of his videos here.  He'll get you going on puzzles if you want to get to the 'selling quality puzzles' level.

Have fun!

KCSteve :->

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: New member in kansas
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 04:46:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I am Tony,aka Toneman from Paris, Texas.

SMF

Teknoromi