Author Topic: New Member Introduction - Roman Miller  (Read 1139 times)

Offline RomanJay

• View Profile
New Member Introduction - Roman Miller
« on: August 04, 2020, 07:35:43 pm »
Just received notice that I was accepted into this community.  By way of introduction, I am a retired biology college professor (three years ago) and during the past couple of years, I've "entered" the woodshop and began learning some woodworking skills.  Most of the projects I've made in the past couple of years have been children's toys and puzzles.  I'm enjoying the creativity of woodworking as well as the challenge to learn new things.  The woodshop that I work in is a community one and open to others in this retirement community where I live (Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA), however there are about three of us who are consistently there day in and day out.  I'm grateful that recently the woodshop purchased a new DeWalt Scroll saw which revigored my enthusiasm in scroll saw work.  I'm learning how to do quality scrolling, but currently still work with fairly simple patterns. 

Offline GLC

• View Profile
Re: New Member Introduction - Roman Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:02:27 am »
Welcome to Steve's blog.  You will find a variety of folks here who are willing to share their knowledge.  Their skill sets range from pure genius to rank beginners.  Many with creative suggestions shared from their experiences.  You are fortunate to have found a small group of makers to share with.  Enjoy the new scroll saw and be sure to pick up some good quality blades.   Regards > GLC in Cypress Texas

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 06:53:19 pm »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 11:41:58 am »
Welcome Roman I'm Al from CA. I've been making Intarsias for the past Thirty some years and still enjoy the hobby. Glad you're enjoying scrolling; it's rewarding to view a finished project.

Al
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

SMF

Teknoromi