Author Topic: Newbie from Kentucky  (Read 1398 times)

Offline RLCJ

• View Profile
Newbie from Kentucky
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:15:51 am »
Just wanted to introduce myself...I am Ron from Upton Ky. New to scrolling with a new "el-cheapo" scroll saw just to see how this all works. I have only been into woodworking a total of about 2 years and have enjoyed the hobby as a whole but recently stumbled onto the possibilities that the scroll-saw brings to the table. My initial impression any time I had seen an intricate piece of fret-work was that it was always done with either a CNC or a laser type machine but boy was I ignorant...There sure are a lot of talented folks out there that make this stuff look easy!!! I am also new to a forum type of discussion so please forgive me if I do something that is not acceptable. I have read and understand the rules but there might be some unwritten "forum standard rules" that I know nothing about so with that I am always open to constructive criticism. Looking forward to learning all I can and hopefully contributing in some small way to help others in this hobby.
There are only two people who have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American GI...one died to save your soul the other for your freedom.

Offline GLC

• View Profile
Re: Newbie from Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 10:52:26 am »
Rom, welcome to Steve's forum.  You will find many talented folks here who willingly share their knowledge.  The experience level runs from none to many years of experience.  Scrolling Gives all of us pleasure and something dwell on beyond the issues that crowd our everyday lives.  If we had been born in an earlier time we could have become whittlers.  Regards > GLC in Cypress, Texas

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:54:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum!
I really enjoyed your mention of the forum rules and your signature line!
Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 09:10:50 am »
Welcome! I am Tony,aka,Toneman from Paris, Texas.

SMF

Teknoromi