Author Topic: Purchasing On-line  (Read 1738 times)

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Purchasing On-line
« on: February 07, 2020, 01:33:27 pm »
If many of you reserve a credit card just for On-line purchases I'd like to offer just a quick bit of advice that may be helpful.
I made a purchase through Amazon and the seller seems to have kept pushing the delivery date back. In other words, on Amazon
it said my package should arrive by Feb.3; then changed to Feb 10; then Feb 27 to Mar 3rd. Many credit cards have
Credit Card Purchase Protection which you can read about here https://www.creditkarma.com/credit-cards/i/credit-card-purchase-protection/
That's not identity theft protection like you hear about on the news all the time.
This particular seller also gave me and Amazon a fictitious tracking number for the package. It said the package was delivered BUT, it was easy to
see it was not delivered to MY address.
If I had let this ride for more than the 30 day purchase protection on my credit card, chances are that Amazon would have said their refund policy does
not cover this third party seller and my credit card company was off the hook because I kept letting the seller push back the delivery date.
Hopefully the info about Credit Card Purchase Protection is new info for some users and hopefully the info about checking the refund policy from Amazon
or other companies and their third party sellers to be extra careful about credit card charges.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline GLC

• View Profile
Re: Purchasing On-line
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:53 pm »
Thanks for sharing.  There are some really great folks in this world, but alas there are some rotten apples in the barrel of  life.

Regards > GLC

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: Purchasing On-line
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 09:38:40 pm »
Thanks, GLC,
After seeing the number of people that looked at the post, I thought more people would
be new to the idea of checking their cards for the Credit Card Purchase Protection but, it
looks like it wasn't news to as many people as I had suspected.
God Bless! Spirithorse

SMF

Teknoromi