Author Topic: Seyco Saw Company  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Seyco Saw Company
« on: May 02, 2019, 08:54:27 am »
Just ordered a Seyco S21. I have been itching to buy a new saw, last fall my Old Yeller Dewalt developed a few issues, bearing sleeve replacement, complete re grease, switch and blade chucks Its now running like a top but the itching continued. I researched saws eying the new Pegas and the Exceselsor . The Excelsor is sold here in Canada  my favorite tool supply store has them in stock. The Seyco saw became the one I felt suited me best. I called Ray at Seyco, a very pleasant and knowledgeable man and discussed a purchase, The Seyco included shipping with in U.S but I would have to pay to ship into to Canada or have it shipped to a Border location and pick it up myself. Our Passports are getting mouldy so a drive about in U.S would be nice, Always wanted to explore our Scandinavian Heritage site in Minot ND so decision made. Called Ray a week later and ordered the saw,and dust collector. Each Canadian is allowed to bring in $800. 00 in goods from U.S with out any tax or Border fee burdens. I would have to pay some extra at the border. The dust collection system is shipped in my wife's name, that will help. Ray called a few days later, saying he hadn't processed the order yet as the saw was going on sale and I see Steve has the sale price ad on his daily page today. Point I am trying to make is I appreciate that Ray informed me of the pending sale price and waited on processing the order until the sale was available. So I added the scroller drill to the order as well. Now come the end of May I will have completed a 2500 mile drive about and a shop full of toys from Seyco. Life looks good. 

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Seyco Saw Company
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 07:01:54 pm »
Fantastic! I have purchased two scrolls in the past 6 years and several blades and parts and he is the best. I have called him on occasion about various scroll saw questions and he was always ready to help.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 08:55:23 am »
Thanks for your comments and reassurance . I am told the saw will be ready for pick up on Tuesday, but we won't leave here until a week later. I feel like a kid again with anxious anticipation as Christmas approaches.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 12:03:37 pm »
Good for you!! Have fun on your trip here to North Dakota. I do a craft show in Minot with scroll saw items in November. I live about 200 miles from Minot. I know you will have fun with your new saw too. Keep us all posted after you have used it a bit.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline cfakes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 03:03:52 pm »
Upgraded to the Seyco 21 from a Dewalt 18 months ago. Completely satisfied.

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 08:36:34 am »
I have my saw now, it is assembled and have only made a few cuts but I know it will be a keeper, the vacumn attachment is super good and still waiting for the drill. I will be contacting Ray at Seyco to thank him for the service

SMF

Teknoromi