Author Topic: HF  (Read 2059 times)

Offline termite

• View Profile
HF
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:36:36 pm »
need a rocker switch for magnifying light. i've been to Lowes,all to big. Radio Shack,no luck. said there are hundred's out there.
called Grainger,no luck. checked You Tube,no luck. called HF. no help told me to buy a new one. anybody know where i can get one?

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: HF
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 08:31:40 pm »
Have you tried auto parts store? They might have one that would fit or close to it, might have to do a little fabbing on the plastic housing to get it to fit. Is this the light from HF?

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 09:06:46 pm »
I don’t use switch on lamp my light and saw are plugged into a strip when there is power to the saw light is on rocket switches just don’t get along with sawdust

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 05:00:45 am »
i didn't think about that. i will try parts store when i go to town Monday. thanks

Offline kc0iv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 07:10:52 am »
need a rocker switch for magnifying light. i've been to Lowes,all to big. Radio Shack,no luck. said there are hundred's out there.
called Grainger,no luck. checked You Tube,no luck. called HF. no help told me to buy a new one. anybody know where i can get one?

Try https://www.digikey.com
Kansas City, MO.

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 10:20:17 am »
A you do not use the switch to turn the lamp off and on, the simplest solution might br to remove the switch, connect the wiring to and from the switch with a wire nut or electrician tape and then place a piece of tape to cover the hole where the switch was previously.  Be safe.  GLC

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 12:10:26 pm »
More info would have been helpful but, a google search of "Rocker Switch 120v" immediately gave 11 images of rocker switches with
the place of business that sells them.
I needed a rocker switch for my dust collection system and, after a lot of searches, got disgruntled that a switch that may cost
$5 would cost me almost $10 shipping so, I purchased one from e-bay that came from China for less than $2 with free shipping.
Just a matter of waiting for it. While waiting, I did as GLC suggested and wired it straight, by-passing the switch so that I had to
plug it in and un-plug it when done.
God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline Chuck Hans

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 01:53:21 pm »
Get a handy box from your big box store, install a regular light switch with a cover and mount it to your table, you will probably never have to replace it. Just a suggestion.

SMF

Teknoromi