Author Topic: Harbor Freight gems......  (Read 3167 times)

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Harbor Freight gems......
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:38:33 pm »
I have several HF items, nail gun, staple gun, belt sander, several more. ONE thing I like about Harbor Freight is... on the web site you can download the manual of the tool. This is great, I have 3 binders holding the original manuals and I also have a digital saved on my computer.....keep bringin em HF.
GO PACK GO

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Harbor Freight gems......
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:20:46 am »
I love that about HF as well, I sometimes look at the manual to get a idea of how it works and how to use it before I buy it. Plus I loose mine all the time and its great to go back and download to look something up.

Offline bazzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 03:18:26 pm »
Has anybody tried the foot switch Harbor Freight sells? Just wondering if it is a gem or a dud. It is cheap enough to buy two for the price of one compared to some other places. Do most people use the model that only works while your foot is on it or the model that you step on and the saw stays running and step on it again to turn it off?

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:14:02 pm »
i have both no problems with either one. had them for a long  time. termite

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 06:36:46 pm »
I have 2 Foot petals from HF.  Love them both and awaiting  a road trip next month when I plan on getting a least one more.

On my EX-21 I have the dead mans version. Came with the machine and is identical to the HF ones.

I have a tap on tap off of my sanding station.  I have a two way switch on the back so it turns on the dust collector at the same time.

I have the dead man type on my Dremel.

Plan on getting a tape on tape of for my flat master so I can turn on vac at same time.

Can't live with out them and the HF seem to work real well.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 07:55:37 pm »
Another great thing about Harbor Freight,,,,,,,, reviews. Items I have purchased and really find useful, I have done reviews on. Yet another plus is folks do you tube videos on products as well. One thing to remember is they upgrade items, or downgrade items, so I usually check the item #'s as well. Carry on woodworkers! :o :o ;D ;D
GO PACK GO

Offline Heli_av8tor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 09:31:58 pm »
My nephew calls Harbor Freight “Tools for Fools”.  I think that used to be pretty accurate. Admittedly, they are getting better. Just watch the quality and don’t plan to use them full-time.

Tom

Offline Dennis123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 08:59:30 am »
RE:  Foot Switch - I'm not sure why but, I resisted for a long time adding a foot switch to my scroll saw thinking that it was an unnecessary expense.  Recently however, I've done some larger projects that made reaching my on/off switch difficult, sometimes resulting in cuts being affected.  So. . .  I added a dead-man foot switch (from Harbor Freight) and WOW!  I wish I'd done that years ago.  I love the new control that I have gained on my saw.

As far as HF quality is concerned: As far as hobbyists are concerned, I think their quality is great.  Some items are a little iffy but, generally meet your needs.  For professional or heavy-duty use I'd steer clear of HF but even the pros sometimes have a rare need for a tool they don't use routinely and HF fills that gap at a reasonable price.

Dennis

SMF

Teknoromi