Author Topic: Chair  (Read 2272 times)

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
Chair
« on: November 26, 2018, 07:53:06 pm »
I haven't been on here in a long time. It has been a busy and difficult year. I am making some Christmas presents and my back is really hurting. Just wondering what kind of chair you all might recommend for sitting at saw. I just have a metal stool with a cushion on top. Need something better.
Let's make some saw dust!

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
Re: Chair
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:19:55 pm »
Howdy Arkiewood,

It has been awhile since I've been on here myself. We have had a long and very rough year ourselves. Not only health wise, but financially, as well. I hope 2019 brings us better blessings, and for you folks, as well.

As far as your chair question, years ago, when I fist started scrollin', I sat on a wood bar stool. Had it for several years until I updated to a New Hawk a few years ago, and then I went to a barbers' chair. The barbers' chair allowed me to adjust my height to wherever was comfortable for me, and was a wide enough seat I wasn't crowded into it like an office chair.

Last Summer, I purchased a BM-26 Hawk, which a somewhat higher yet that my 220, so I had to locate yet another barber chair.

I have been using barber's chairs about 5 years now, and I won't go back to anything else!

Sawdust703

Sawdust703(Brad)

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 09:29:45 pm »
Thanks sawdust I will check into them.
Let's make some saw dust!

Offline Dennis123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:12:11 am »
I guess I don't know what a 'barber chair' is.  When I think of a barber chair I think of barber shops and those chairs start at over $300.00 and quickly rise to nearly $2,000.00.  Pretty pricey for a seat in the garage.

Offline Octoolguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:42:38 pm »
Depending on how high your saw is, I myself use an office chair that I found here where I live. I use it at the top of its post and both of my saws are on stands that I built myself so they are built to work with my chair. I also have a shop stool with a backrest that I bought from Northwest Tool before they became available all over. I think Harbor Freight even has them now.
Dewalt 788 Type 1, Hegner Multimax 18E, Excalibur Ex-21

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 11:55:54 am »
I use an adjustable office chair that is able to be raised as high as a Bar Stool.  I've had it for about 15 years and it's very comfortable.  It's getting a little worn, but it'll last me until I can no longer saw.

Al
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 07:47:29 pm »
Hi Arkiewood. I had the same issue. I now use a barstool and more importantly a short footstool about six inches high. I change feet every 45 minutes to an hour and that resolved the problem. Cheers.

Offline barb e

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 08:37:13 am »
I have a bar stool/chair with a back.  It can be adjusted height wise.  It also has a foot rest.  Depending on the piece I am cutting, i will adjust the height of the stool. 

SMF

Teknoromi