Author Topic: Blade not square after blade clamp change  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Larry_B

• View Profile
Blade not square after blade clamp change
« on: August 29, 2018, 11:45:25 am »
Good Morning all, got a question for everyone. 

I have a Dewalt 788 Type 2 saw.  Today I tried cutting a “Merry Christmas” into a 1 ¼” Spalted Maple using a FD #7. 

This is my first attempt at cutting thick stock.  I ran into an issue with the cuts in the wood not being perpendicular, in that when the saw kerfs meet on the top they DO NOT on the bottom of the piece. I have two pictures with this post showing the saw blade being ‘out of perpendicular-ness’ when the saw is at the top of the stroke, and just about perpendicular at the bottom end of the stroke.

I have the bottom clamp assembly as far forward as can I can go without elongating the holes in the shields.  This was a tip I found on Rick Hutchinson’s’ tune up page.

I just recently installed new Pegas blade clamps (love them) plus I took the machine apart to grease the connecting arm bearing.

Way back when I read on how to tune up the saw I remember then the blade was close to perpendicular per Rick’s method.  So modifying with the Pegas must have altered something.  Glad I found this now as I want to do compound cutting for chess pieces.

Guess I’m looking for suggestions on what to do.  I’m going to see if I can move the top arm assemply towards the rear of the saw, but other thoughts welcome….

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
Re: Blade not square after blade clamp change
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 06:31:42 pm »
Larry, I may not understand exactly what is happening, but, I have an Excalibur that I have to adjust the top arm sometimes to make sure it is level. I have vibration some since I am not on a slab and the top arm tends to slip down some , making the top blade holder not perpendicular  with the bottom.

SMF

Teknoromi