Author Topic: Oval Key Maker  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Bayman

• View Profile
Oval Key Maker
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:30:52 am »
I am trying to use the Oval Keymaker....for example I type in a name, set the width to 3", then I export the name, I then import the file into CorelDraw.....the size of the file imported is not the same size, the width is 8" and the height is 4".....

I tried this with a number of names with the same results...

I also uninstalled the program and reinstalled and I get the same results....

Anyone know what is going on.....

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
Re: Oval Key Maker
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 03:20:58 am »
Look at your printer settings to make sure that you are not set so that the image fits the page but rather it is set to be what it really is.  This is the most likely culpert.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Bayman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:08:47 am »
Nothing there...

It must have something to do with the "export" command, as when I export the name it exports it and I save the file....now when I go to CorelDraw and other software it imports the file, however, the file imported is not the same size as was exported...

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »
The Oval Keychain maker exports in BMP format at 96dpi.

The issue is with the import to Corel (same happens in Inkscape) too.  There might be an option to control the size.

In Inkscape the size was double.  Easy fix was to trace bitmap to svg and then you can do what ever you want in Corel.

I also converted bmp to Svg at https://convertio.co/bmp-svg/ and when I open in Inkscape it was even larger but was easy to make correct size.

SMF

Teknoromi