Author Topic: A price on the Seyco Scroll Saw has been posted  (Read 1172 times)

Offline OPi

• View Profile
    • Mahogany and Birch
A price on the Seyco Scroll Saw has been posted
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:14:20 am »
Just saw on the Seyco Website - List price; $1159 - Special Price $929
Had a chance to see the saw, or should I say I saw the saw - whatever - at a Woodcarver show in Grapevine, Tx. The large work surface is definitely a design by a scrollsawer. The saw is integrated with the stand and vibration is minimal. It is one fine machine. The rocker arm parts are the same as the Excaliber so if you have one of those, which I do, parts for the EX are not a problem. After the parts I just purchased wear out, I'll be putting in my order for the Seyco. A percentage of everything I sell will go into a fund to purchase the Seyco Saw.
And Ray is a very nice man.

http://seyco.com/seyco-scroll-saw/
Turning itty-bitty lines into sawdust. There is a fine line between aweSOME and aweFUL (this is especially true when using a scrollsaw).

Offline scrappile

• View Profile
Re: A price on the Seyco Scroll Saw has been posted
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 10:54:57 am »
Looks like a nice saw and if it is as good as the Ex, and I am sure it is, they have a winner.  Although I doubt is I buy another saw, in my lifetime, this would certainly be one I would look hard at.  I have an Ex so I know they are nice.  They didn't quite meet their goal on price.  When I first read about the saw, there was a comment that it would be a little cheaper than the Ex was. 

My only, negative, not really negative, just my opinion, I think the little angle gauge would be a waste for me.  In the years I have had my Ex, I have tilted the head once.  A compass worked fine.  I have one of those little gauges, I use it occasionally, and if I do not remove the battery when not in use, the battery run down. There is a memory in it that needs a little juice.   I don't know how hard it is to remove that gauge to get to the battery, or maybe that problem is not an issue anymore.  I have had the gauge a long time.  At a minimum I would hope that gauge is just a clip on that is easy to remove, because then you could use it on other machines.  I use mine on the table saw mostly.  And of course, if I was in the market for a new saw, that item surely would not keep me from buying one of their new saws.

I really hope their saw is a great success, because I bought my Ex from Seyco and they are great people to deal with.  I want to see them keep scroll saws in their business.   
Paul from S.E. Washington State
Hegner Multimax-22 V and Seyco ST-21

SMF

Teknoromi