Author Topic: First Show of 2106  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
First Show of 2106
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:58:58 am »
Getting ready for my first show of 2016! Guess I should say "we" as my wife is my partner in this crime! It is an outdoor show which I really do not care for but my wife decided to purchase a new white craft canopy or tent with sides, etc so need to put it to use. Getting my inventory list together and my cargo trailer packed and arranged for the coming year and searching for new patterns; and I thought being retired meant "retired"from labor??!! My wife is, as I am typing this, on line making deposits for future shows. I believe we have five on the books so far. Oh well, if I did not enjoy scrolling and laboring at craft shows, I would just be sitting in my recliner getting fat and lazy and at 73 years young my cardiologist would not like that and tell me to walk 4 miles  day. Instead, I scroll and do craft shows!

Tony, aka Toneman

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: First Show of 2106
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:19:25 pm »
Shows are such great fun to do. The B.S. ing with the people, A place to get rid of items so we can make more, an ego trip as people admire our work, and oh yeah.... make a little money.
HAVE FUN AND BEST OF LUCK AT ALL YOUR SHOWS.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 06:50:18 pm »
I have just retired 4 days ago Tony. They tell me that you get more time to yourself, but nobody has told me where this time comes from, or how to apply for all this extra time. ;)

I wish you luck with your show and your up and coming shows.

Please let us know how you got on?

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 07:46:56 am »
I had an outdoor show around mid May a couple of years ago and I had a 10 x 10 canopy with sides that could be attached.  It was a rainy cold show and wouldn't you know it my spot was only one of 3 canopies that had any protection from the biting wind and misty weather.  We used this fact to our full advantage.  It actually felt like it was a heated space and folks would flock to it to get out of the weather and while warming up would be looking around at the goods displayed.  I generally do not like outdoor shows as they can be unpredictable.   I wish you a great success on your show.  Looking forward to pictures of your show.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:04:19 am »
I'm glad you like doing shows and hope for the best.  I would enjoy them if someone would do the setup and takedown.

SMF

Teknoromi