Author Topic: Life downs and ups  (Read 3956 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Life downs and ups
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:13:56 pm »
I have not been on the forum in quite some time. This past few years has been pretty hard on my family. I have spent a lot of the past 2 years either unemployed or underemployed. Dedicated some time this past year towards studying for Computer IT Certification, took some courses and need to test for the Certification. Things were starting to look up and then my wife and I got a notice that we had to move from our rented house. The owner wanted it for his mother. We were told by the end of July to be moved out. That hit us hard, but God is good and had a better plan. We found a much better house to rent. It has 2 extra rooms which we will be leasing to a good friend who was also in need of a place to stay. While moving I sent out 3 emails to 3 different schools in the area. 2 days later I was hired by one of them. So, I am fully employed and living in a better house. While life had me down for so long....I am moving up rather fast. It is my hope that once I get settled in and my garage is empty of boxes I can set up shop and get back to making some things.

Offline Wooden Lace

• View Profile
Re: Life downs and ups
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »
Sometimes blessings come disguised as trials, as you just found out.  You kept the faith and now things are turning around for you.  Glad you hung in there.

Speaking of setting up a shop in the garage...I've heard some crazy talk lately that some people use their garages for CARS!  Doesn't seem like the best use of the space to me.

Welcome back,
Nancy
Nancy from Washington state
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:17:39 pm »
Troy glad that life is on the rebound for you.  Just goes to show you that keeping the faith helps a lot.  Looking forward to seeing your work again.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »
Speaking of setting up a shop in the garage...I've heard some crazy talk lately that some people use their garages for CARS!  Doesn't seem like the best use of the space to me.

LOL, when you live in AZ and it is 115 degrees outside in the summer, you look for the best place you can to have a shop. We are in a rented house with a 2 car garage. My last house I had a covered patio. So, I figure I can use 1/2 the garage for parking if I want and the other half for wood working. But honestly, parking in the drive is good enough. If it were not for the garage I would have no place to do my work. Funny thing is, here in AZ a lot of people use garages for more than a car.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:17:44 pm »
I am happy that things are looking up. All the best to you and your wife! I hope you get some play time soon!

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:40:48 pm »
Troy, sometime life deals us one bad thing after another but given time things turn for the best. God had other plans set up for you and you sufficed. I wish you the best. Happy for you.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline Fab4

• Go For It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 05:40:43 am »
Hi Troy:
Nice to hear from you again.
Glad to hear the good news.
Good luck with your new job and your move.
Soon, you'll have more than enough room to
make more of your awesome Christmas ornaments.
Take care
Fab4
Paul (Fab4)

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 09:26:46 am »
It is good to hear that things have turned around for you.  Sometimes it is difficult to understand the trials we face but often it turns out that things turn out for the better.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 12:03:12 pm »
You know that without the rain we wouldn't appreciate the sunshine.  Although that probably doesn't apply in Arizona ;D
I'm from North Dakota

Offline sawdust703

• to soon old, to late smart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:23 pm »
Happy to hear you hung on, & kept the faith Troy. It sounds like we're not the only ones having a rough go. I know how you feel about every corner you turn, something else bad happens. We lost our middle daughter in March, & things have just went down hill since. The most recent disaster was Friday night. We had marble to ping pong sized hail for close to 30 minutes. Nearly stripped the siding completely off the south side of our house. Broke all four windows on that side. Totaled our roof. Again. Broke the windshield in our pickup. This same thing happened last summer about this same time. My faith is being tried, but we're doing what we can to keep going. Mr. Troy, I wish you well in your new venture, Sir.
Sawdust703(Brad)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 03:44:22 am »
Congratulations Troy on you new home and your new job, everything comes to those who wait.  And I for one can't wait to see what comes out of your garage when you start scrolly again.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 07:34:49 am »
That's a great story Troy
Hard times turning into good times
All reason to thank God for that.
.... Let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline troy_curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 04:26:31 pm »
Thanks all for the great comments and the support. It is good to see so many other people of faith speaking out to encourage me. God is good and He has provided well in this whole circumstance of having to move and needing a job. It is taking some time to get things organized and I miss my wood working, but even in the garage it is too hot this time of year to be cutting wood. So by the time I get things organized it will have cooled off a degree or two.

SMF

Teknoromi