Author Topic: Forum Problems ; 404 error  (Read 996 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Forum Problems ; 404 error
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:40:27 am »
From Steve Good.

There are problems with the Community forum. For those of you who are members there please know that I am working on the issue. Most the the attachments for the posts such as pictures were lost. My hosting service allows unlimited storage but only if it does not cause the server issues. Apparently it was causing issues and they were only giving me a few hours to fix it or be shut down. I was trying to delete only the older attachments but they all got deleted. I'm trying to recover the lost images but no luck so far.

The size of the storage space for attachments adds up pretty quickly. I have to forum software set to delete post attachments after so many days but it does not seem to be working. I want to be able to continue to host the attachments on my server but if I can't get it worked out I may have to only accept offsite attachment hosting. Sorry for the trouble.

Steve Good
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Forum Problems ; 404 error
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:32:25 am »
Any time I post a pic I use photobucket to upload to then link to the place the pic is at on my photobucket so the space don't get used up plus allows the attachment to stay in the post and not get deleted in time so when its searched for it still comes up.

SMF

Teknoromi