Author Topic: Finally got my way  (Read 1298 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Finally got my way
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:53:34 am »
Well last year I tried really hard to convine my other half to let me bring the saw inside in the comfort of the warm house, to luck no matter how I tried she wouldn't let, so I went to hf and bought one of the tank top propane heaters, they work pretty good kept me warm but my feet would still get cold and the table top was killer on the hands, so I cut the fingers off on some jersery gloves those were kinda a pain to use but worked.

Well she decided for some reason, to leave me but plans to work out, but in the meantime It though HA I get to move my saw inside, soI did today. Had some snow move in, weather here in Oklahoma has been bitter cold, and I really think this winter is going to be rough and wanted to be able to do something when I can't work, so today I dod some moving stuff around and moved it inside.

What a relief it is, to sit by the heater, inside watch tv and cut wood. I will do most my nasty stuff outside, cutting blanks, sanding all the real dusty stuff in the garage. Think it will work out as long as I keep the space cleaned up which I am pretty good about anyway. Its funny though, I have a old built in 1945 house, has a crawl space, carpet been pulled up and have the orignal very hard aged wood floors, and when the saw runs lol the floor and part of house shakes. Will need to think how to dampen this, or just live with it. Could get a thick rug to sit in to soften the shakes.

But I did get to sit and work some tonight, I can't sleep now and think of getting up and go over start cutting some on some I want to do. I have it sittin my living room which is small anyway, but sits in front of a window so I can see out and let light in. Hopefully its not one of my hairbrained ideas thats going to back fire, I get those alot. nice to get back at the saw again, after a long busy summer.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
Re: Finally got my way
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:27:25 am »
I had the same shaking problem when I moved into my shop with wood floors.  Put a bag of tube sand on the base of the saw and no more shaking.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Finally got my way
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:48:36 am »
I had the same shaking problem when I moved into my shop with wood floors.  Put a bag of tube sand on the base of the saw and no more shaking.

Kinda what I though need to weigh it down some, weird on the concrete floor it don't do it but inside it does, guess the floors have enough of a slight movement then add the movment of the saw creates the shaking.

SMF

Teknoromi