Author Topic: Hello from NY State  (Read 1580 times)

BekkaSue

Hello from NY State
« on: May 16, 2014, 04:48:07 pm »
Good afternoon. 
I am fairly new to using a scroll saw.  I have been at it for a little more than a year.  I am using an old Sears Craftsman that was given to me.  It gets the job done until I can afford better.  My husband got me interested in using the saw.  He said if I can follow a pattern and use a sewing machine I can use a scroll saw  :)

I am a retired Teaching Assistant, spending the last 4 years of 24 working in a Middle School Computer Lab.  Love being retired and have taken up learning to use the scroll saw as a new hobby along with taking up again knitting, crocheting, reading and of course using computers.

Looking forward to learning from others who do the same as well having someplace to go if I run into something I have question about.

Looking forward to meeting others.

Till then,
Bekka

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from NY State
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:32:43 am »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 07:58:07 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  I tell people the same thing,  If you can sew, you can scroll.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 02:07:06 am »
Hi Bekka, welcome to the forum.  I'm Marg from Australia.  Are you in a New York State of Mind?  Love that song.  ;)

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

BekkaSue

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:15:20 am »
Thanks, Russ C., julief., and wombatie for the warm welcome.  I am not use to this type of format of using forums so it will take getting use too ;)  Looking forward to it, though.

Wombatie... I am always in a New York State of Mind except when I am visiting my new granddaughter in Ohio then its Ohio State of Mind  ;D  I like that song too.

mp

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 12:56:59 pm »
Hi and welcome. I am new too at this forum and scroll sawing. We can only get better if we try.

BekkaSue

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:27 pm »
MP, I totally agree.  Thanks for welcoming me.  I look forward to sharing experiences and getting to know everyone as I go along.   

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 04:33:15 pm »
welcome to the forum I'm Todd from NL Canada

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

SMF

Teknoromi