Author Topic: Other firefox user having issues?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Other firefox user having issues?
« on: March 16, 2014, 12:33:33 pm »
I have used firefox as I my main browser for years, found it was alot better then IE. But lately the past few updates its been awful, runs slow, crashes, gives me the can find page, and the worst is I can't watch the flash player videos from my local news websites. I hae read alot of firefox users are having this issue something to so with settings in firefox, I have gone back to google chrome which I tried it once before but didn't really like being was use to firefox. Over past few days I have gotten use to chrome, can watch flash player videos on my local news sites. Wondering if this has been random issue with firefox or something on there end of the updates they have done.

For now I staying with chrome since right now its doing good, I have tried once before doing a delete and reinstall of firefox and it didn't do anything other than make me mad as  I had to back up my numerous bookmarks. I have always loved firefox but am starting to dislike it now.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
Re: Other firefox user having issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:39:15 pm »
dont know about the slow bit (I always found it slow)
But with the flashplayer problem, the latest updates of flash player are not compatable with the latest updates of firefox, so  until one or the other update again, to rectify you are stuck.
Stay with chrome
Dave

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:56:14 pm »
Kinda what I was thinking the updates with each other don't work until one or the other fixes it, then it is what it is.

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:10 am »
 So far firefox has been good, no issues for me, I been useing it more as my IE sucks,  slow and freezes up, I have verizon dsl which fios isn't in the area yet. I find firefox is much faster. Just my opinion.  edward

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:10:07 pm »
Yea I love firefox when I switched From IE took a bit to get use to it but once I did, I hate IE, but lately its been acting funny, so far chrome is dong good.

Becky

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »
I have Firefox but haven't been noticing any problems with it.  If there's some special setting for videos I must have done it by accident.

Well, wait.  Do you have to go out and find updates or does it do it by itself?  I installed it a while back and haven't actively gone looking for updates.  Maybe it's just a case of success by omission.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:08 pm »
Does it self, when you close it out and open it, will tell you its installing updates. The main issue I have is when i go to my local news website to watch news video its a flash video, and it won't play at all, but works great in chrome, other have said they also have issues with it crashing and giving the can find page do a refresh and it would open it.

Becky

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:57 pm »
I clicked on help to see what version I had and it installed updates when the box opened.  Uh-oh!  I guess I'll find out.

Offline puzzleguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 06:45:03 pm »
not exactly sure why -sometimes the updates need updates .
I love firefox , but its not perfect .
maybe keep it on your computer for a while- could repair itself with another update .

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »
I have been using "Maxthon Cloud Browser" for several months and I am VERY pleased with it!

~~~GB~~~

http://i.maxthon.com/en-us.htm
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi