Author Topic: Hawk Scroll Saw  (Read 1640 times)

turnwaldw

Hawk Scroll Saw
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:25 pm »
I kinda just read around on here and dont post much but this sight has helped so much in my learning and enjoyment of scrolling really gotta thank Steve and everybody else on here before I ask my question.
 I use a Dewalt 788 and really like it but I have been givin a chance to purchase a Hawk G26 this saw he says is about 7yrs old but looks brand new and has all the add on,s and the price seems about right less than half of a new one I know we all have our opions about our tools we use but I thought I would throw it out there.
Dave

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Hawk Scroll Saw
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »
Test drive the Hawk. If you like it then get it. The price is right. You can always use old yellow as a backup.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:13:46 pm »
Depending on the model you can only bottom feed on fretwork if you top feed then no big deal

turnwaldw

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »
He said it was the G4 model saw.

Offline tbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:32:47 pm »
G4 you can top or bottom feed great saw I use mine all the time

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 08:51:09 am »
I have had 2 different models of Hawk.  My current one is a 26".  I love it and am pleased to see that Bushton mfg is bringing the line back to the market.  I would say the main things you should check are the condition of the motor (expensive to replace if it breaks) and the alignment of the upper arm to the bottom (just be sure they are parallel by inserting a blade and see that there is no wobble.  Anything else is pretty simple.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:14:43 am »
You should probably try the blade change process on the Hawk to see if you like it, then a few cuts to get a feel for the saw. If those are OK, then it sounds like a good deal.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi