Author Topic: Tubing  (Read 1925 times)

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
Tubing
« on: April 09, 2013, 02:24:49 pm »
Where can I get the flixable air tubing for scroll saws?
Thanks
Jack
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Tubing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 02:38:41 pm »
Hey Slowcutter, if you are looking for just plain clear tubbing, you can find it in the plumbing section of any hardware store. If you are looking for the sectional tubing like on DeWalt and Excalibur saws, Mike at mikes workshop sells one that can probably be adapted to your saw.
Dan In Southern California

Offline scotti158

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »
Is this the stuff you're looking for? http://www.modularhose.com/Loc-Line-14-System/14-hose
Tilt-O-Scroll DW788 Owner/Operater

IBMer

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:43:57 pm »
I used Aquarium Clear Air Line.  Not sure how the price compares, but I had it laying around anyhow, so it fit the bill..

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:50:10 pm »
Is this the stuff you're looking for? http://www.modularhose.com/Loc-Line-14-System/14-hose

Nice site! Been looking for a place to get that stuff, on my craftsman its too short for my liking, and wanting to try a different nozzle rather the round hole thats on there now.

Offline crupiea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »
walmart in the fish section.

I bought about 10 feet of the stuff for a couple bucks.

Also picked up an aquarium air pump that works way better then the pump on my saw because it is on 100% of the time.

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:30 pm »
I bought a replacement tube for my Craftsman and added to the length of the original. Then I ran the tubeing from the aquarium pump inside it. See the air tubeing going in the hole I drilled where the bellows used to be. It works really well, blows the dust right into the vac hose behind the blade.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

SMF

Teknoromi