Author Topic: FYI Purchasing Patterns  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
FYI Purchasing Patterns
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:24 am »
It has come to my attention that some companies are selling patterns of our members who design and sell patterns for a living that may not be complete and may not have permission any longer to sell them. If you have any questions contact the pattern designers before purchasing. Many or most of the pattern designers have there own web sites that you can purchase from to insure you receive the quality and quantity of the patterns you are purchasing.

Thanks Russ  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: FYI Purchasing Patterns
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:27:07 pm »
Just to reinforce Russ' comments...

It is so easy to pirate a plan or drawing these days and more and more as I look through the many pattern sections of catalogs I feel that I am seeing patterns that have been posted on free sites being sold.

If you have any doubt at all about a pattern, check around and be sure it has not been 'pirated' from a reputable designer!!!

The designers are our source of enjoyment and they are trying to make a buck and they deserve our loyalty.

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline frankorona

• Frankorona (Frank) (Crown)
    • View Profile
    • Frankorona?s workshop
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:36:51 am »
Thanks for the warning, Greetings

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »
I agree GB! I pay good money for good patterns and I buy direct from the pattern designer. I know a lot of the patterns on this forum are donated by these designers and we need to patronize their web pages and keep the dollars in our "family".

Tony,aka,Toneman

cameronj

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:21 am »
I agree, too.  I saw a pattern of my favorite designer's on another website.  I reported it to her and she was glad I did, as permission had not been given.  I buy from only 2 - 3 designers now, and avoid all the others.

SMF

Teknoromi