Author Topic: Hellman's Mayonnaise!  (Read 806 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Hellman's Mayonnaise!
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:31:45 pm »

Hellmann's Mayonnaise - a bit of history.
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England . In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico , which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York . This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico .
But as we know, the great ship did not make it to  New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.
The people of Mexico , who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.  The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as -

Sinko De Mayo.

WHAT???
You expected something educational from me?
You need a shot of Tequila after that don't you?
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hellman's Mayonnaise!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:37:38 pm »
Now that's funny right there, I don't care what anyone thinks. Darn it, fell off my chair again. Stop making me laugh so hard, my sides are sore.
 :o  :o  :o
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

boxmaker

Re: Hellman's Mayonnaise!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:54:42 pm »
At first I thought maybe a bit of history, but I should have known better. Thanks graybeard  chock up another good one.

SMF

Teknoromi