Author Topic: Cherie  (Read 2575 times)

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
Cherie
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:43:17 pm »
This a Ryobi, you said you had never seen one, well feast your eyes, technical points, dust blower, built in light, variable speed, its light and transportable, has a saw dust vent, its painted gold and has had 2 careful owners,

[attachment deleted by admin]

cherie

Re: Cherie
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:22:31 am »
Nice looking saw there.  As long as it gets the job done, then make the dust fly once again.  Thanks for showing me. :-*

rwb

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 11:09:27 am »
never owned a ryobi

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:13:01 am »
FYI:  Ryobi made in China, at least that is where it started.
 :(  :(  :( 
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 05:24:03 pm »
Don't care where it was made it's only an excuse for a saw
Jimbo

ripchief

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 06:38:58 pm »
China...Without considerations to political gray area, Taiwan can be considered by some as part of "China" from a manufacturing standpoint...There are A LOT of scroll saws that are built in Taiwan, including the Dewalt, Excalibur, and Dremel (to name just a few)...Some of which are considered to be "higher quality" saws (the Dremel isn't, trust me)...I can't speak on behalf of the Ryobi scroll saw, but the brand seems to have developed a reputation of producing strictly entry-level/infrequent use products.

So based on the wide variety of perception in the levels of quality of saws made in "China", I don't think that geographic location can necessarily be used as an indicator of quality...Eclipse saws are made in the USA, and are considered a good quality saw...I don't think that their quality is directly related to the fact that they're made in the USA...Instead, I think it has more to do with the fact that they're individually made by hand.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 07:43:44 pm »
You know it is really hard begin a Moderator sometimes. Most of the time I really love it. Other times I really wish I could say what is on my mind. Oh well, I think a few of our members may not agree.
Please Lord, Help me to keep my mouth shut.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ripchief

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 07:46:32 pm »
Sorry Russ...It just triggered something in my head about this.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 07:58:04 pm »
ripchief : "I don't think that geographic location can necessarily be used as an indicator of quality..."

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090207/RE/902070428/1002/NEWS01

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37560478/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20254745/

http://hubpages.com/hub/Chinese-Toy-Recalls

Nope,,,,,geographic location is not a good indicator at all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 :o  :o  :o  :o  :o :o  :o  

ripchief

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 08:13:04 pm »
Point taken, that's what happens when companies go overseas to try to save a buck...I initially meant that the geo location couldn't be THE ONLY indicator...If we stood fast on the the geo location as the only indicator, then NOBODY in their right mind would ever purchase a Dewalt or Excalibur scroll saw.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 08:27:33 pm »
FYI:
http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/manufacturers/black-and-decker-power-tool-company/

http://www.blackanddecker.com/CustomerCenter/Company-Information.aspx

And that is all I have too say about that.
 ::)  ::)  ::)

Black & Decker USA    1992 ? The entirely new DEWALT line of professional products for North America was launched.

Nope,,,,,Would not buy Dewalt either......LOL
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:02:22 pm by Russ[C] »

northie66

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »
Seems nowadays it's either made abroad or the company outsources their customer service abroad.  There should be a law.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 10:21:15 pm »

Most tools and machinary are made in Asia these days the good and the bad, the Ryobi saw is one of the bad ones I have other Ryobi power tools and have so far no problems with them, but this saw was a dog, my fault I did no research before buying
Jimbo

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:44 am »
Tool companys, no matter brand name or tool, choose the price range that they want to sell in and can have tools made in any country of the world. If they have as good design and want a highter end tool they can choose the materials and manufacturer to aquire a very good tool or they can go for the low end and choose accordingly.
The location of the company or manufacturer has very little to do with quality in todays world.
Obviously, the more expensive tools have a greater mark-up and lower volume  while the cheaper brands go for quanity and a lower quality. It is all the choice of the parent company and where they want their market to be. Alot of companys will have two or three varaitons of the same tool with different prices and features as well as quality. We have all seen that everyday.
Some will change horses in mid stream and end up with a different reputation in a very short time as we all know.
Just my two cents worth.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

cherie

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 10:54:41 am »
This thread was suppose to be about the Ryobi I have never seen before.  I really did not like the fact that I had to read about products going overseas and such.  I am an x factory worker of over 12 years.  I know what happens when our products go overseas besides the job losses on our side.  Bad products are made.
However, if some people cannot afford a good saw, they do what they can and get what they can in their area.  I was the same way with my first saw that happened to be a Dremel bought at Lowes.  It worked for me as a beginner, but as I got more used to cutting, and got tired of so much vibration, I was able to come up with the money to buy the Shopsmith that I have right now.  (I was actually going to Harrison MO to the RBI tools and buy the G4 Hawk.)  I am happy with what I have now, and also have 3 others set aside in case I need them.
I am sorry if I sound a bit wind blown here, but it just struck a nerve.  I thought I was over the fact that our local shoe company went over seas, well I guess I am not and never will be.

SMF

Teknoromi