Author Topic: Hello from England  (Read 2127 times)

DBassnBanjoMan

Hello from England
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:15:42 am »
Hi everyone,

Sean here in sunny (at the moment) Hampshire in England. I really enjoy Steve's daily emails, posts and videos but have yet to get into the workshop to do some scrolling.

I'm hoping this will change soon now that the weather is warming up.

Only problem with so many patterns is Where Do I Start? :D

Looking forward to chatting to a few of you scrollers....

Sean

cherie

Re: Hello from England
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 08:08:09 am »
Sean,

Find a pattern you really would like to do and cut it.  Take your time and if you need help, I am sure you can call upon anyone here, especially Steve.  He is great at explaining the process of just about everything to scroll.  And if there is a problem with a pattern, he is fast to fix it.
Welcome and it will be great to see what you will accomplish.  My first project happened to be of an animated character of a show I collect.  I am sure people will call me dumb, but my nickname is actually dbzmom, I am a Dragon Ball Z fan.  I have done a picture of Goku and his son Super Sayan Gohan.  Even named my cat Gohan about 9 years ago.  LOL.

DBassnBanjoMan

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:33:58 am »
Hi Dbzmom,

Thanks for the advice - I'll definitely let you know how it goes

Sean

cornishpisky

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:10:26 pm »
Hi Sean, no idea about groups here in Cornwall, i've never thought about looking for one!

My advice for starting out is pretty much the same as Cherie, find a pattern you would really like to do, but don't pick anything too difficult to start with, you'll be supprised at how stunning some of the easy patterns are once cut, doing an easy pattern first gives you a quick result and the practise you will need for the more complex patterns, and don't be afraid to experiment!

best of luck
                 Ian

DBassnBanjoMan

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 01:28:31 pm »
Thanks for that Ian.

I just know how much my woodturning improved once I found a group but I'll persevere

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »
Just pick one and let the saw dust fly..LOL Hello from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

SMF

Teknoromi