Author Topic: Did my first stack cut yesterday  (Read 2820 times)

tux_linux

Re: Did my first stack cut yesterday
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 03:06:33 pm »
yes, some wax is recommended. But don't use the car polish wax, that one has kind of silicone in it and will leave marks on your wood.
I use a simple hard wax for wood. Works fine.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »
speaking of wax helping your project slide over the new insert, should I be waxing my saw table anyway?

YES!

But, do not use automobile wax with silicone in it. Use bees wax or a furniture paste wax and buff to a smooth, slick surface.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

TomC

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 11:08:04 am »
I think i'm going to get a chance to try making a new insert and trying to level it to the table tonight.  i have some wax (Not automotive wax Roger!) that i'll try.  Then i'm going to try another first - making a box with an inlay in the lid.

ChuckD

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 02:49:48 pm »
I use a product called "Topcoate" on my saws and a can last for a long time.  The table never rusts and I live in Oregon and it is so smooth that with the tilt of the table nothing will stay on the table.  Try Google to find it.  It has been a while.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 05:31:09 pm »
.... but would never come in handy for someone like me who only makes things in small quantities for family and friends. .......What you guys never told me was that it was easier to cut these pieces this way than one at a time. .......  Result was four sets of runners that all looked much better than the first set I cut individually.
Useful tecnique...I stack cut different woods when doing Intarsia.  Makes for a perfect fit when re-assembled .
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

SMF

Teknoromi