Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 2365 times)

mooski

Hello All
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:21:21 am »
I just wanted to say Hi as i am a new member.  Im Amanda and i am from the UK, i am very new to the world of scrolling. My wonderful boyfriend has bought me a scrollsaw for christmas, its sitting boxed up in the garage and i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Only a few days left to wait!  ;D Does anybody have any tips or advice for me as i have never used one before?

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:23:12 am »
Hello and Welcome from North Dakota in the US.  Have fun making saw dust.
I'm from North Dakota

SheGold

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:28 am »
Hello and welcome Amanda.. I'm Sheila from Texas.. You might want to check out Steves beginner video's... Here's a link for you... http://www.stevedgood.com/school/sss.html        Congrats on your new scrollsaw.... Sheila

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:48:14 am »
Hi Amanda, I'm Keith from Cornwall. I agree with SheGold, check out Steves site. There are lots of tips and "How To" video's and I found them extreemely usefull. My only other advice is "Make sawdust and enjoy your new hobby"
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:43 am »
Hi Amanda, Welcome to the forum! I'm Dan From Southern California. Come on in And join the fun! My first bit of  advice is take the saw out of the box! Set it up. touch it, feel it, and read the manual! Then, put in a blade, see how it runs, get a piece of wood and see how it cuts. Then start asking the questions! We will be here to help with all you questions. Good luck!
Dan In Southern California

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:37 pm »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A day without saw dust is like a day without sunshine.  :)

As a new member you have to take this creed;

This is my Scroll Saw. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Scroll Saw is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.My Scroll Saw, without me, is useless. Without my Scroll Saw, I am useless.
Because it is my life I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories.
Before all other Scrollers, I swear this creed.

Just kidding. LMBO  :)  :)  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:06:52 pm by Russ C »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

malc

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 12:36:44 pm »
Welcome Amanda, I'm Malc from Dover in UK. This is a great forum I have learnt so much. What make of saw do you have?
Malc

UHMNL

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »
Welcome Amanda,
There ia also a UK forum:  http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/
FD Mike

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »
Hi Amanda i am Pete from Scotland ! ask as many questions as you like there is always someone here willing to help!,  keep it simple to begin with and most of all enjoy what you make but be aware its addictive  ;)..Pete
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

grampa

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 04:20:05 pm »
Hi Amanda, I am Paul from Heysham in Lancashire welcome to the addiction.......Paul

rob roy

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 07:14:33 pm »
Hi Amanda, I am Roy from Scotland. Welcome to the best forum you'll find . Grab a chair and enjoy the fun. Take the advice of Shegold and Dg man and almost everyone else here. Except me I'm,a beginner too.lol.
Rob Roy.

tux_linux

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 03:47:30 am »
Hello Amanda. Good advice? Stay here, read and ask all you want to know. Great group here with lot's of creativity.

Torsten from Munich, Germany

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:32 am »
Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  Get to know your machine and practice, practice, practice.  Have fun and don't forget to give your boyfriend a big hug for getting you into a lifetime of enjoyment and creativity.

aubec

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 08:55:29 am »
Hello Amanda and welcome to a great forum.  I'm also in the UK.
aubec

Offline beginner

• Maker of custom fire wood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 09:23:07 am »
Welcome from North Carolina
Jim

SMF

Teknoromi