Author Topic: Has Anyone Made Signs...?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
Has Anyone Made Signs...?
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:37:07 pm »
...as in Steve's pattern http://www.stevedgood.com/signs.pdf

I'm cutting some of them out and wasn't sure how to finish with colors or stain on front or backer board or what?  Just looking for something eye catching...thought they were clever. 

Would love to see some samples if anyone has done them or hear about recommendations. 

Scrolling has its perks

Offline Norm Fengstad

• View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Made Signs...?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:41:15 am »
I haven't made these specific signs but contrast between any dark and light color works for me.  I do portraits from baltic birch and an mdf backer board painted/ dyed black is a nice contrast

Offline Coffeepot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 11:09:56 am »
Thanks, Norm.  That's kinda the status quo, which will look well.  Just curious if there were any other variations.  Appreciate the reply.   :)
Scrolling has its perks

Offline hardkore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:20:42 am »
I made a few of these signs using 3/4 solid wood. I found, that if you cover front and back with painters tape and then drill and cut the letters you can spray paint the letters. After removing the tape from front and back, any overspray can be sanded off. It works for me.

Offline gramps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 06:13:03 pm »
hey coffeepot, i'm not sure if this something you would be interested in but on judy gale roberts sight there is a pattern that uses acetate sheets for a color background that lets light show through. look at the dog bone. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1395/0011/files/JGR.Claus.Puppy.pdf?10632613791256398775   

Offline Berta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 08:02:53 pm »
hey coffeepot, i'm not sure if this something you would be interested in but on judy gale roberts sight there is a pattern that uses acetate sheets for a color background that lets light show through. look at the dog bone. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1395/0011/files/JGR.Claus.Puppy.pdf?10632613791256398775

Cool!

Offline Coffeepot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 09:21:40 am »
Hey, Gramps and hardkore, thank you!  Please forgive, I just now saw your replies-only 3 months later- :-[ sigh.  What a cute pattern!  Very kind of you all to write.   
Scrolling has its perks

SMF

Teknoromi