Author Topic: wall hanging  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Jimmy2

• View Profile
wall hanging
« on: July 08, 2020, 09:32:27 am »
When you do a project that hangs on the wall and are giving it as a gift do you prep a way to hang it?  If you what do you use?

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
Re: wall hanging
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 12:14:19 pm »
I put a Keyhole slot in the back of all my Intarsias; that way the piece hangs flat against the wall. I think it looks a lot more professional. I've had many people thank me for it.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline GLC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:21:16 pm »
Steve and many others are fond of using a keyhole slot for hangers if the board touching the wall is 1/2" or thicker.  If the back touching the wall is less than 1/2' thick, I would suggest using one of the many available hangers that bond with an adhesive to your piece.  I am attaching a link to a video that Steve did on the topic of keyholes for your reference.   
http://www.stevedgood.com/keyholejig.pdf  Regards > GLC in Cypress, Texas   

Offline don in brooklin on

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 04:27:26 pm »
 I use key hole on all my Sports ribbon racks.  I think it needs the strength of kids adding lots of ribbons.

Lately, for relatively light stuff.  Plaques, signs and smaller Intarsia I have bee using  3M Velcro strips.  Some time only one is required and sometimes one on each side.  The piece stays quite close to the wall too.

This is the link to Amazon Canada but are readily available at all the big box stores and craft stores.

0https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0272/8237/4691/products/Coronavirus-maskcoronavirusSvgfile-maskcoronavirusOriginalSvgDesign-MaskSvg-Clipart-CoronavirusVectorGraphics-SvgForCricut-SvgForSilhouette-SVG-EPS-PDF-DXF-PNG-JPG-AI_2_1200x1200.jpg?v=1587673671

SMF

Teknoromi