Author Topic: Pattern software  (Read 7660 times)

northie66

Re: Pattern software
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 09:39:01 pm »
I uninstalled it from my pc.  No point in having it.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
Me too...
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

CMHN

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2010, 09:35:51 am »
I knew there was going to be fallout with my post.    I have been following Steve for a long time now,  just because I don't post on the forums don't mean that I'm not active in is blog.  I know that you cant get everything for free, but I can try,  $40 is a lot of money for a program to organize someones patterns,  I can do that with windows and folders.   I can do without the program, that doesn't bother me so much.  

I understand the reasoning why Steve pulled the program,  he is a great guy and does a lot for the scrolling community.   This does show where his heart is.  Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to show Steve any kind of disrespect, I was just expressing my feelings.   I visit his blog, subscribed to his email list, and joined his forums.   I saw the program when I was at school and couldn't download it and when I got home the next day to download it, it was gone.    IT was disappointing,  I looked at the other program but cant justify $40 for it when I can live without it.   But a free program is worth downloading and using if it would make something a little easier.

So for all of you who think I'm a little winney person, so be it.  I'm the one who spoke up against the idea of pulling the program and I do have big shoulders and can handle any negative feedback that comes my way.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 11:27:51 am by CMHN »

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 11:18:44 am »
That, my friend, is the problem with internet communication. It is much easier to 'interpret' what is being said when you can see the person,  listen to the words and 'read' the body language!'

I think I have stated this here before...What I find it takes to get through life are three things...
1. Broad Shoulders
2. Tough Hide
3. A sense of humor

No offense meant.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:01:06 pm by GrayBeard »
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Spartan scroller

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 11:21:28 am »
Fair enough CM.  Your post just struck a nerve with me that's alll.  I too am familiar with the unemployment struggle.  I gave up golf, a game I dearly love, because I couldn't afford to play anymore.  I kept my scroll saw going with money made from craft shows. Finally landed a job making just slightly more than minimum wage (keep creating those "high paying good jobs" Pesident Obama) These are tough times.   These are tough times and a lot of people are on edge.  It doesn't take much to light the fuse.  I do wish you well.  Good Luck.

Terry

ufgator

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 12:03:31 pm »
CMHN; Thanks for being man enough to come back and making your statement clear.  I'm sorry you are currently unemployed I know it is difficult for you, I have also been there before. Hang in there and Good Luck.

Bill

northie66

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 04:20:57 pm »
CMHN - no hard feelings here.  Everyone is entitled to their feelings.

SMF

Teknoromi