Author Topic: Mounting a light  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Raptor66

• View Profile
Mounting a light
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:32 pm »
I have a 60 led light with magnifying glass from Woodcraft.  Where and how do you guys mount it?
Chris

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Mounting a light
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:31 pm »
Hey Raptor, Is this the one with the magnet on the end? What kind of saw do you have? It's always best to include details when you ask questions like this.
Dan In Southern California

Offline Raptor66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:44 pm »
I just bought a Delta (Dewalt clone) saw.  The light does not have a magnet on it.  It's from Woodcraft: 
60 LED Magnifying Lamp; 5" Dia.; 1.75X

Item #152996
Chris

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:12:04 pm »
Ok Chris, Mine is not the same light, but it has the same type of mount. I have a board approx. 3/4 x 2 x 20" mounted to the top of the stand, under the saw. I used C clamps for this. I have a block of wood as a spacer mounted to the end of the board. The light clamp is mounted to the block. I have another light mounted on the other side of the board. Here are some pics.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 01:13:50 pm »
Two more:

Offline Raptor66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:19 pm »
Dgman, that looks good.  I think that will work!  Thank you, and by the way do you still have your dust collection attached to your saw?  I didnt see it in these pics.  I built the same system and it works great.
Chris

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
Yes, these are old pictures, I didn't want to take new pic! :-[

Offline iggygiles

• I jus love sawdust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 03:07:31 am »
My saw has a light attached, it is u/s as it runs on those little 3amp screw in bulbs like the wardrobe ones, the saw, even when screwed down, shakes the filements to bits, and they only last a week at best. to solve the problem, I bought a magnifyer with an LED circle of lights, a magnet  and optional clamp came as part of the kit, I think it was from Jessam. the magnifyer is mounted on a flexi tube and sags if stood upright so I found a length of rod that fits into my work hold-down slot, mounted an 8" length of 1" sq timber at right angles to it at the right height and the light happily hangs there right where I want it. Since it hangs down rather than across there is no restriction on the size of work you can produce. Hope this helps a little  ;D    Iggy  P.S. Sorry, no picks, I am still struggling with that part of the forum.   
Frustration is the food of invention.

SMF

Teknoromi