Author Topic: A hello and thanks.  (Read 2456 times)

Offline BigPete

• Bonnie Scotland !
    • View Profile
Re: A hello and thanks.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 07:34:36 am »
What part of the world are you from Steve ?..Pete
War does not determine who is right - Only who is left !

Sunlion

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 08:58:45 am »
I am SE Manchester Uk Peter. I just lived in Oz as a kid, from 1966 - 1969/70.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:00:43 am by Sunlion »

Offline JMAC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 10:00:42 am »
Hi i?m john born in London bur live in Germany   A big welcome to you.
you never stop learning.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 01:57:38 am »
After seeing that clock there is NO way I am showing a picture of my 'first attempt' at using a scroll saw!

Well Done, Mate!

Glad you found scrolling and especially this forum...

~~~GrayBeard~~~
St. Peters, MO - just a bit West of St. Louis
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Sunlion

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 10:13:10 am »
Thanks GreyBeard, I would be lying if I said I was not proud of it. :)

I think it turned out so well because I was upa against the clock literally hehe it being a surprise gift for christmas.

I have slowly arranged my little workshop a little better now, though it is still too cold to work in there yet, but hope to get more practice in and get down to doing what was initialy intended, I.e. doing hybrid Scrollsaw and Pyrography work. I will proably stick to flatwork until I get a better feel for the saw. It will take time but I will get there.

At the moment I am working on getting back up to speed on my designing, it's been a while since I designed my creations so it's back to using my creative juices to get back into the crafting again. Plus useing tuts to see if I can't get into Inkscape to speed up the process, as I mostly design on paper and transfer by either transfer paper or drawing designs striaght to wood. Scroll sawing brings a whole new dimension to not only the work, but the design stage, as I prefer my own work over patterns. Though I am happy to use patterns for the practice.

I am using A4 inkjet and laser printer friendly labels I.e A4 sized sticky backed pages essentialy, so paper design over printout is very viable using these labels. Well within my comfort zone I guess I am saying. But if I am to share any designs in the future I probably need to learn how to transfer designs to a pattern in Inkscape too, so nice busy creative patches ahead. :)

And yes, very glad I found scrolling, because not only is it a new creative challenge, it has also awakened my dersire to do more Pyro work too. Win! win!

ChuckD

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 03:26:39 pm »
Welcome to the forum from Beautiful Southern Oregon;)

Sunlion

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »
Thanks ChuckD

SMF

Teknoromi