Author Topic: Beautiful Cherry Boards  (Read 3627 times)

garyinnevada

Beautiful Cherry Boards
« on: May 10, 2010, 12:37:08 pm »
These 17 Cherry boards were air dried for 11 years in a barn. They measure 5/16"x3-5/8"x30"
As you can see they are very nice and strait, no cups or bows, very few tiny knots. The edges need to be planed or sanded or whatever it is they do to the edges of boards. They just arnt quite perfect edges, but darn close.

This is some of the nicest wood Ive ever seen as far as Scrollin'Wood! Its perfect. I need Blades and all types of hand tools, Just make me an offer. Please dont try to lo-ball me, I know what this wood is worth.

I love Big-Boy Toys!!

Thanks for looking

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful Cherry Boards
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:59:26 pm »
I think you would be better off setting a price because I am sure some members will have no idea as to what they are worth. Then they can make an offer of what tools or blades etc. they have, plus mabe some money to fit your needs.
 :o
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:09:44 pm »
If I calculate that correct it's about 13.25 BF. Sel/Btr S2S cherry goes for about $5.75 to $6.25 a board foot. You would expect to pay a premium for thin stock. 

Offline dbwoodworking

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:34:54 pm »
Check ebay.com, search "thin cherry" and you'll get a general idea of what the wood could go for.

As Steve said, cherry goes for $5+ BF but as you'll see the going rate for the thin stuff on ebay can be in the $1 - $2 range.  BTW, when referring to thin wood, it is sold by square foot (SF) instead of board foot (BF) (thinner is not always cheaper).

Regards, Joe

Dawie

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »
Nice looking wood, pity I live on the other side of the world(just about).
David.

SMF

Teknoromi